Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(07-14-2011, 08:58 PM)Rezard Wrote: It's capable of emulating, and some games could actually run at full speed (or close to it). You will need to use Speedhacks with most games, and many will still fall short of favorable speeds.

Tried using all of the speed hacks, which reduced
the speed of the 'Sony Computer Entertainment' intro,

(07-14-2011, 08:58 PM)Rezard Wrote: Your GPU is OK. Don't be surprised if you need to use a lower resolution with some games (i.e. native). You will still be able to run a fair share at higher res, but some will see limitations at time (that being the one's heavier on the GPU).

... and set the display to native resolution....

(07-14-2011, 08:58 PM)Rezard Wrote: Problem loading an ISO? Maybe it's a bad rip.
Use Imgburn to make a reliable rip from your PS2 discs.

(There is no point in burning a ripped image back to a disc...)

and as well as trying out ALL of my ISOs, which loaded to no avail.
PCSX2 loads to about 60 fps (200%) before showing me a blank screen,
and the dreaded 'pcsx2tsvn377.exe has stopped working' message,
crashing over and over again.

I greatly appreciate your help (thank you for replying so quickly! Smile),
but I'm wondering: if my laptop is capable of running PCSX2
just fine, do you suspect it's just my ISOs?

Sponsored links

I need a new CPU, is this a good one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Phenom-1090T...751&sr=8-2
(12-10-2008, 03:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Originally posted by Refraction

Will work at a reasonably playable speed (this does not mean full speed):

AMD Athlon FX Dual Core
AMD Opteron Dual Core
AMD Athlon X2 (and Turion laptop equivalent)
AMD Phenom
AMD Phenom II
Intel Core 2 Duo (and laptop Core Duo equivalent)
Intel Core 2 Quad
Intel Core i 5
Intel Core i 7

(07-14-2011, 09:35 PM)InnocentSam Wrote: I need a new CPU, is this a good one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Phenom-1090T...751&sr=8-2

I'm guessing, in regards to the first post, that it's a fine one indeed Smile

@ ManEater:
Ok, so you're not getting anywhere trying to load up any game. Regardless of how capable your PC is of producing favorable speeds, it should undoubtably be able to boot compatible games. You're troubles are of the general nature, and have nothing to do with computer performance at this point.

I'd suspect that your ISOs are part of the problem, or at least the manner in which you ripped them. If nothing else, just stick with your original PS2 discs in the drive for now. Once you can get a game to load, you could then use Imgburn to make reliable ISOs of the discs (if you'd rather not do it now).

Look into what I've advised you of, and get a game playing before you worry about speed. If you're still having troubles, feel free to post a new thread on the General discussion board regarding your trouble getting games to boot. Smile

@ InnocentSam:
That's pretty decent, indeed. Especially if you overclock it.

Don't be surprised if you still need Speedhacks with some games, though. And don't just apply them all, as some are very capable of breaking various different games. Basically, there are some that are labeled [Recommended] that are usually most compatible and typically can be used without trouble. Moving the EE Cyclerate and/or VU Cycle Stealing over some is also quite effective, but can be less compatible.

If all else fails, try the new Preset option on the bottom. Wink
@ Rezard,

Thanks for all your help!
I suspect it isn't my PC, but the games I'm loading.
Hopefully, I'll get to load them sometime soon,
or at least get some help doing that.

Thanks for your advice Smile !
CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
Ram: 3GB
Graphic: Ati Radeon 4650 1GB 128bit DDR2

Can i run emulator?
(07-15-2011, 02:22 AM)Sonohra Wrote: CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
Ram: 3GB
Graphic: Ati Radeon 4650 1GB 128bit DDR2

Can i run emulator?

The emulator sure, games...... not quite sure Tongue
weak cpu, weak gpu maybe 2d games.
(07-15-2011, 02:25 AM)ecchiless Wrote: The emulator sure, games...... not quite sure Tongue
weak cpu, weak gpu maybe 2d games.

Thanks.
No tekken on PC XD
GPU isn't too weak, but would definitely run better at lower resolutions (especially if trying a 3D game).

CPU is quite weak, though. It'll handle some of the simpler games to some degree, but don't expect much (even with aggressive Speedhacks).
(07-14-2011, 10:22 PM)Rezard Wrote: @ InnocentSam:
That's pretty decent, indeed. Especially if you overclock it.

Don't be surprised if you still need Speedhacks with some games, though. And don't just apply them all, as some are very capable of breaking various different games. Basically, there are some that are labeled [Recommended] that are usually most compatible and typically can be used without trouble. Moving the EE Cyclerate and/or VU Cycle Stealing over some is also quite effective, but can be less compatible.

If all else fails, try the new Preset option on the bottom. Wink

I don't mind using the speedhacks, so long as I can get my current FPS up from 30-40 to 55-60+

And the game I want to be able to play is Dark Cloud and possibly Sly 2: Band of Thieves.