Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Ahh... Yeah! but make sure that it doesn't gets heated up and you can run those games. Oh and forget to mention, change the power plan to High performance

Kingdom Hearts will run fullspeed. Biggrin

Sponsored links

(11-04-2011, 03:31 PM)recoder Wrote: Ahh... Yeah! but make sure that it doesn't gets heated up and you can run those games. Also, if its an i7 CPU, try overclocking that to(if possible) to 2.66 Ghz. Oh and forget to mention, change the power plan to High performance

Kingdom Hearts will run fullspeed. Biggrin

Yeah. I use gamebooster when I play these kinds of games. Has a nice power plan and also frees up resources.
I've hit 85 degrees celsius on the i7 processor with prime95. I don't think it would be a good idea to OC (especially considering it's a laptop. The OC on the graphics card was reluctantly done, but nonetheless worked out)
I mean the Windows Power Plan. Tongue2 It uses the 100% raw power of the CPU and GPU.
(11-04-2011, 03:44 PM)recoder Wrote: I mean the Windows Power Plan. Tongue2 It uses the 100% raw power of the CPU and GPU.

Yeah... I think the IOBit Game Booster 3 power plan is better than the high performance plan on windows (Game Booster creates a custom power plan). Tell me if I'm wrong though. I never bothered to check if the power plan from Game Booster actually worked.
The 570 made a BIG difference! Rogue Galaxy is much smoother now. Almost completely smooth/fluid. Wondering what would help bring it over the top-a better card, or maybe upgrading to Ivy Bridge?
(11-04-2011, 10:52 PM)kturcotte Wrote: The 570 made a BIG difference! Rogue Galaxy is much smoother now. Almost completely smooth/fluid. Wondering what would help bring it over the top-a better card, or maybe upgrading to Ivy Bridge?

Yup. Nvidia GPUs produces more fps than AMD GPUs. The outcome of the next gen GPUs would be something I'd love to see.
Nvidia are faster and are well clocked. Tongue2
(11-05-2011, 08:22 AM)recoder Wrote: Nvidia are faster and are well clocked. Tongue2

What exactly is "well clocked"?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Read the first post but I'm a complete idiot at this stuff so I'm still confused. Is this laptop good enough to emulate Dragon Quest V PS2 nicely?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J2J...PDKIKX0DER

Also, I've seen mixed messages on laptops overheating, what do I need to do to prevent that with this one? Thanks!
Those new A series APUs really are neat. With up to 4 cores on AMD's Stars architecture (like the Athlon II and Phenom II), and much more substantial itegrated graphics units then we've become familiar with in the past.

Unfortunately, that processor's clockrate is still slow. 1.5Ghz on all four, and Turbo on 2 cores @ 2.4Ghz is what I see. This will still likely see slow gameplay, so consider Speedhacks a must (and hope for the best).

The graphics side of the APU (HD 6620G) is still rather low-end for GPU heavier games (like DQ8), or increased resolutions. Keep the internal res low, and it should be ok on the GPU end of things.