Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090 Thuban 4.0 GHZ
Ram: 4 Gigabytes
Video Card: NVidia Geforce 570 GTS

I should be able to run this emulator solid, shouldn't I? I am having framerate issues in Suikoden V.

Another strange issue is when my game is running between 58-60 fps constant the game is for whatever reason still lagging. Say, if a character was moving in game, his movement would be much slower than usual. It's in certain places. Not the whole game. The game does not freeze.. it just looks like the game is running at 30 fps instead of 60 fps. Why is this?

Sponsored links

(11-08-2011, 05:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: I don't think there is any game that will be bottlenecked by that GTX 260 except if you start using extremely high resolutions, so don't worry about it Wink
Happy to know gtx 260 without bottlenecked Happy
extreme Laugh , no so , just wanted to output to a lcd tv , possible on full HD , if not 720p will do too.
MGS3 and GT4 and FF 12 working well too ? ZOE ?
Yes.
The GTX 260 should do 1080p with just about every single game.
(11-08-2011, 05:42 PM)reminisce2905 Wrote: Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090 Thuban 4.0 GHZ
Ram: 4 Gigabytes
Video Card: NVidia Geforce 570 GTS

I should be able to run this emulator solid, shouldn't I? I am having framerate issues in Suikoden V.

Another strange issue is when my game is running between 58-60 fps constant the game is for whatever reason still lagging. Say, if a character was moving in game, his movement would be much slower than usual. It's in certain places. Not the whole game. The game does not freeze.. it just looks like the game is running at 30 fps instead of 60 fps. Why is this?

you should probably reducer VU cycling Wink

keep it to level 1 and you're good to go Smile
Hey guys, noob here Biggrin. I just wanted to know, since I've been thinking of dropping a ton of cash to build a pc to flawlessly play PS2/Gamecube/N64 games on my pc. However, I've been reading around that quad core's are horrible CPU's to use with this emulator. Is that true and I should just stick to dual core? Would I ever need to continusly upgrade a new PC built with high end parts as of now, as newer versions of this emulator come out, or would I simply be fine with building a high end PC now and it would be able to eventually play PS2 games at constant 60 FPS with graphics enhancers and 100% flawless gameplay (assuming the emulator one day reaches that point)?
Whoever told you that definitely does not have a quadcore Rolleyes
The big reasons you may find posts on these forums that speak in opposition of using quad core processor with PCSX2 have become less relavant at this point in time.

You see, there once was a time that quad core would commonly come at lower clocks than dual core, and cost considerably more. Meanwhile, PCSX2 would only really utilize 2 cores.

More recently, quad core are becoming much more standard, more affordable, and not so skimpy on clocks-- it's much different now. Also, recent PCSX2 SVN builds have a "hack" that can utilize 3 threads (cores) quite well.
You can build a high end PC Now, and overclock it.

Although Quad-cores have been lower clocked than Dual-Cores (For eg. a Core2Duo may be based clock at 3.3Ghz while a Good I7 860 is clocked at 2.8Ghz) But I think I7 Overclock much better and is faster(obviously).

In the latest SVN, use have a new Speedhack called MTVU Hack which makes games use 3-cores. Actually it runs VU1 on its own thread. Some games benefit a lot on quad-cores then but somes games do not. Tongue2

Best buy a

Intel Core I7 2600K 4.9 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 Overclocked
8 GB DDR3 Ram

And i guess you would have very little problem in playing ps2 games.
(11-09-2011, 03:01 PM)recoder Wrote: You can build a high end PC Now, and overclock it.

Although Quad-cores have been lower clocked than Dual-Cores (For eg. a Core2Duo may be based clock at 3.3Ghz while a Good I7 860 is clocked at 2.8Ghz) But I think I7 Overclock much better and is faster(obviously).

In the latest SVN, use have a new Speedhack called MTVU Hack which makes games use 3-cores. Actually it runs VU1 on its own thread. Some games benefit a lot on quad-cores then but somes games do not. Tongue2

Best buy a

Intel Core I7 2600K 4.9 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 Overclocked
8 GB DDR3 Ram

And i guess you would have very little problem in playing ps2 games.

i7 2600k @ 4.9 hmm you do know that will require water cooling and a decent patch right ! Wink
walkthrough me from 1st intallation, Im so frustated coz it wont be installed on windows 7 x64, I've updated latest directX *june 2010, NETframework (I've tried from ver 2, 3, 4 one version per time)...any sugestionMellow