Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(01-02-2012, 10:31 AM)rama Wrote: darkness35: You'll have to try it yourself. No one knows whether your specific recording app will work or not Tongue2

I've done several settings with the speedhacks and GSDX settings, and I've managed to have R-Type Final run at a consistent 60 FPS save for the 3rd stage when that normally lags like hell even on PS2 standards.

(01-02-2012, 07:03 PM)kallumsmarties Wrote: if you put it to the right settings i mean its difficult cause took me forever get it working well and graphics ok but its not brill but they will soon fix tht up once they keep at it but intel hd i rnt sure cause its crap tbh nvidia maybe but its a low end one but ud probaly get it good since its only ps2 Tongue

The rig I know can run it well; the laptop I'm more concerned about.

Sponsored links

That laptop's processor could manage some PCSX2 emulation on it's own, given a 2.6Ghz boost from the Turbo (on 2 cores). But if multitasking, it may suffer a clock loss for the sake of HT, which will show with PCSX2 performance.

This coupled with the fact that streaming along side emulation could easily see limits with the weaker mobile GPU (even the GT 520 isn't much), I would doubt it would go well.
Will I be able to run some games with these specs?

Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Physical RAM = 2045 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
CPU speed = 2.0 overclocked to 2.493 ghz (2 logical threads)
GPU name = ATI Radeon HD 5450
GPU speed = 650mhz/800mhz overclocked to 750Mhz/849Mhz (core/shader)

What games will I be able to play at reasonable speeds?
I've tried DBZ - BT3 and it ran at like 68%

Does anyone know of lower quality games that can run on my specs?

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.
will this run on my laptop?

Windows 7 32 bit
Pentium DUal Core T4400 2.2GHz
Intel gma4500
3.00Gb RAM
You may experience acceptable results from some of the lightest games to run (typically 2D games). As you work your way up to 3D games, your chances become much lower.

You should certainly be using a low internal resolution, and rely on Speedhacks quite often.
Again-- Your laptop stands a chance at light emulation, but don't expect miracles from that weak laptop.
I should be more than fine hopefully.I pass all of those requirements.
2012-2013
CPU: Overclocked Intel Extreme® Core™i7-3960x @ 4.30GHz
GPU: Dual NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670's OC in SLI
MOBO: ASUS® P9X79 WS PCI-E 3.0 READY
RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3

OLD MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z Z68
OLD GPU: DUAL NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570's In SLI.
OLD CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.80GHz

(01-03-2012, 06:12 AM)LugiazSoul Wrote: What games will I be able to play at reasonable speeds?
I've tried DBZ - BT3 and it ran at like 68%

That sounds about right. Both your CPU and GPU are weak.

(01-03-2012, 06:12 AM)LugiazSoul Wrote: Does anyone know of lower quality games that can run on my specs?

This thread contains some of your best bets:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...strong+cpu

Keep the internal resolution low,
and rely on the aid of Speedhacks.
Good luck! Smile

(01-03-2012, 08:53 PM)MozzaGamer Wrote: I should be more than fine hopefully.I pass all of those requirements.

That's great!
Thanks for letting us know. Smile
Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Phenom II X6 1090 4 GHZ
NVidia Geforce 570
8 GB Ram
Good Specs. Will run many games at good speed. Make sure to use MTVU Hack.
Do you think Gsdx shadeboost is useful?