Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
mehhhh

that laptop I posted runs around $500-600

it seems that in order to run these games at good speed, resolution, etc, you need a computer that is above $1000 .. there is no way in hell you can get a good setup like yours for $500

brbr speding $1000 just to play ps2 emulator games, fuk that

I already have the original games, I guess I'll just buy a ps2

ps2 = $60
laptop or pc required to emulate ps2 : $1000

lol

Sponsored links

It's not relevant to buy a PC just for emulation ATM.
Let's you'll just keep playing on your PS2 until one day you get a better PC
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah I know noone buys a powerful pc just for emulation lol but I only have $500 to spend, that is the best I can get, I need a laptop

maybe someday, this super nvidia gtx cards and I7 super processors, will be in $500 laptops, is just a matter of time

in fact, only reason people are able to run ps2 emulator now, is because technology has advanced and it has gotten cheaper

back in 2009, you would need a $2000 computer to run ps2 emulator at good speed
hi everybody,
I feel curious about this project 'cause I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy X. Now, i don't have PS2 so I want to use a emulator to enjoy my favorite game. May I ask a question?. Can my laptop run normally ?. My laptop's configuration: Processor intel® Core™ i3 330M @ 2.13Ghz( 4 CPUs ) ~ 2.1GHz. memory 2048 MB, Graphic: NVIDIA Geforce 310M 512VRAM. I'm a newbie of IT so that is all index in DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
thanks for your help
(09-02-2012, 04:09 PM)darkmissing Wrote: i don't have PS2 so I want to use a emulator to enjoy my favorite game

If you don't have a PS2, you won't be able to legally obtain the console bios and so you won't be able to use the emulator.

(09-02-2012, 04:09 PM)darkmissing Wrote: Can my laptop run normally ?. My laptop's configuration: Processor intel® Core™ i3 330M @ 2.13Ghz( 4 CPUs ) ~ 2.1GHz. memory 2048 MB, Graphic: NVIDIA Geforce 310M 512VRAM.

Some games, but overall, games are going to run too slow.
Is HD 6530d a bad gfx card to play PCSX2
It's a weak integrated GPU, yes. It will probably struggle with native resolution and is not something to use with emulators or play demanding games with. Simply put, it sucks.
LOL not even the laptop I posted would be able to run the games good, let alone your laptop

just get a refurbished ps2, you can easily get one for $60 at game stop

that is what I did

and like I said before, only reason people here can run ps2 emulator, is because technology has advanced so much, that the video card and processor required to run ps2 emulator is a LOT cheaper now, back in 2009 in order to run ps2 emulator, you would have to spends $1500-2000

now with only $700 machine (if you build your own pc), and $1000 if you buy brand, you could easily run ps2 emulator

just get a ps2 console, and wait, is just a matter of time, in a few years, when the machine capable of running these emulator, will be so cheap
(09-02-2012, 04:26 PM)Starscream Wrote: If you don't have a PS2, you won't be able to legally obtain the console bios and so you won't be able to use the emulator.
and what would prevent him from getting illegally? your morals ?

lol

90% of ps2 emulator users, have illegal bios
Nothing will prevent him from getting it illegally. He just won't get any support from us. Random statistics with no info isn't that credible either
[Image: newsig.jpg]