Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Hello guys, I hate to bother you, but I was wondering why in the world my poor Envy DV6z-7200 won't run Soul Calibur III at full speed.

Specs:

Processor: AMD A6-4400M (Dual Core) @ 3.2GHZ (Constant Turbo Boost, being watched over by AMD Overdrive.)
RAM: 6 GB Ram, unsure of kind ATM. (HP Factory Default)
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7520G (AMD APU Graphics) + Radeon HD 7670M (2GB) Enabled in Dual Graphics Mode

Can someone help me as to why I'm maxing at about 40 FPS? I would have thought this kind of power would be sufficient.

Useful information: Yes, I have tried disabling dual graphics and just using the 7670. Yes my processor supports SSE4.everything.

Sponsored links

Quote:I would have thought this kind of power would be sufficient.
vu cycle stealing will help you AND produce graphical glitches.
but no, it won't be enough.
For this demanding game, you would need the same clockrate, but with 3 cores in order to get benefits from the MTVU hack.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-02-2013, 09:01 PM)jesalvein Wrote: vu cycle stealing will help you AND produce graphical glitches.
but no, it won't be enough.
For this demanding game, you would need the same clockrate, but with 3 cores in order to get benefits from the MTVU hack.

Alright, let's start the questions then if you don't mind too much. (Please.)

1. How much of an overclock would I need to be able to produce to run the game with the same number of cores?

2. With a slightly slower clock speed (2.8GHZ) and 4 cores, would it be possible to run this game at 60?

3. Say I could get the (Sandy Bridge) Intel Core i5-2450m 2.5 GHZ to 3.1 GHZ in exchange for the hardware I have now with a GeForce 630M Graphics card. Would it run the same game at 60FPS?

4. Same as above, except with i5-3210M (Ivy Bridge...) with same clock as 2450.

If CPU and GPU benchmark scores have anything to do with this, I could retrieve them for you.
AKNova7 Wrote:1. How much of an overclock would I need to be able to produce to run the game with the same number of cores?
something around 4-4.2 Ghz, maybe more...
AKNova7 Wrote:2. With a slightly slower clock speed (2.8GHZ) and 4 cores, would it be possible to run this game at 60?
with some speedhacks, yes.
AKNova7 Wrote:3. Say I could get the (Sandy Bridge) Intel Core i5-2450m 2.5 GHZ to 3.1 GHZ in exchange for the hardware I have now with a GeForce 630M Graphics card. Would it run the same game at 60FPS?
with some speedhacks, yes.
AKNova7 Wrote:4. Same as above, except with i5-3210M (Ivy Bridge...) with same clock as 2450.
would be better. Still need some speedhacks, but will get less slowdowns
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-02-2013, 10:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 1. something around 4-4.2 Ghz, maybe more...
2. with some speedhacks, yes.
3. with some speedhacks, yes.
4. would be better. Still need some speedhacks, but will get less slowdowns

Alright. I'll see what I can do about getting a faster (or Intel) CPU. Have to admit, this is kind of a drag. But, since this is a laptop, there's no way I'll be able to push 4 GHZ. Not a chance.

But, one more quick question. Quad Core AMD A10 @ 3.20 GHZ all cores. Speedhacks necessary?
Hello I've meaning to ask, can I run PCSX2 under my specs?

AMD A4-3300 @2.5 GHz (I have a 3400 @ 2.7Ghz too)
AMD Radeon 6410 HD
2GB RAM
400W PSU

I'm planning on playing Tekken Tag Tournament being the oldest and NBA 2k12 the Newest.

Other Games:
Fight Night Round 3
Gran Turismo 4
Rainbow Six Lockdown
GTA Liberty City
Smackdown Here Comes the Pain
Tekken 5

ALL ON DVDs
hey guyz... please help me out...
im planning to buy an AMD A8-3870k at 3.0ghz and Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit DDR5 and i was wondering will these hardwares work perfectly for PCSX2 to run smoothly..???

Please guyz i need your help or any opinions and i will highly appreciate it... Thanks...
Hi guys im thinking of buying this laptop for pcsx2. seems like its the best compromise for between wight and performance. isit ok? >,< the games ill play will be ffx,ff12,disgaea,naruto ultimate ninja (rpgs and fightings only). is the spec too overkill for my usage?

Sony vaio S13
i7-3520m
GT 640m LE
1600 x 900
1.6 kg
That should be okay for FFX, might be a little slow on the other two depending on how the graphics card handles it, but the CPU apparently boosts up to 3.6ghz so it might be alright.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hey, guys, I need help with something. I'm wondering if my Alienware M14x will run games like Dragon Quest VIII, GOW2 and FF12 at 60 fps on at least Native Res.

Here are my Specs:

CPU: Core i5 3210m (2.5 Ghz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 650m with 1 GB GDDR5 RAM
RAM: 6 GB DDR3 RAM

If you guys could help, that would be very much appreciated, as I have lost all of the cords to my PS2 and would really like to be able to play most of my games at a comfortable speed on this.

Thanks!