Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Synnae depends what games you want to run first Smile

Sponsored links

Well okay... for the meanwhile, I have those games in mind:

God of War 2
Final Fantasy 10 and 12
Valkyrie Profile 2
Dragon Quest 8
Rogue Galaxy
Odin Sphere
(Some others may come in the future as well)

Those are the configurations I chose:

[Image: ciVDi7H.png]
[Image: cClsvk2.png]
[Image: kwQZe6H.png]
[Image: QKX6nvH.png]
[Image: 2DGTRo4.png]
[Image: 5hGGw4F.png]
[Image: AJxNGQJ.png]

Please tell me your opinions.
You should be fine for the most part. Use MTVU hack and other speedhacks as needed. You can go at least x2 resolution for most games. For Dragon Quest 8, to enter the Great Kalderasha's house you will need to temporarily set clamps to full/extra (otherwise weird bug).
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Thank you guys. The games are running at full-speed for me with those configurations. Even when I'm using the built-in avi recorder for GoW2, the fps still keeps at 60, only falling below that occasionally.

By the way, I saw there's an Agressive-CRC option that works with three of the games I want to play: GoW2, FF10 and FF12.

What exactly does that do, and will enabling it make those games run slower or faster? Do you guys think I should leave it enabled?
You really shouldn't enable options that you don't know what they do. The tooltip (text that appears if you leave your mouse on the option for some seconds) explains.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hey, I was about to purchase a new laptop and was wondering if I would be able to play Dragonballz ultimate tenkaichi on it?

specs
HP Notebook 6530B
Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.53 GHz
2GB Memory

Mobile Intel 4 Series Graphics Video
Mobile Intel GE45 Express with ICH9M chipset
Not likely. That really old Intel gpu will most likely leave a black screen. Also, cpu is not that great either.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

ahhh... so that is why things are slow with my AMD SEMPRON ....
umm so even if I upgrade my PC with higher graphic card and higher ram will it still run slowly and with possible problems?

MY PC SPECS
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/specsi.png/

if the link does not show please do tell... sometimes i get that problems with other forum sites
(04-25-2013, 05:59 AM)ardailo1 Wrote: ahhh... so that is why things are slow with my AMD SEMPRON ....
umm so even if I upgrade my PC with higher graphic card and higher ram will it still run slowly and with possible problems?

MY PC SPECS
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/specsi.png/

if the link does not show please do tell... sometimes i get that problems with other forum sites

Video card and extra ram will do nothing for you. PCSX2 is very very CPU heavy, and a single core, low clock rate CPU just won't cut it. Most games require a triple core in the 3ghz+ range to maintain full speed without slowdowns, and many more require much more, some in excess of 5ghz+.
Hi can I ask if my current Laptop can play some Games on PCSX2 hmm I'm thinking about Shadow of Colosus, Metal Gear and Final Fantasy Series.

Asus G55VW
i7 3610QM
GTX 660M 2GB
12GB RAM

Thanks.