Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
i5 is more than enough, especially k edition. That gpu is excellent choice. Also, pcsx2 is more cpu dependant but some games do stress the gpu hard, one example being Dynasty Warriors 3. Good gpu can upscale well on graphical quality without loss of fps.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

How well will this build run pcsx2?

GPU - evga geforce gtx 660 superclocked
CPU - i5 3470 3.2 ghz
RAM - 8gb
Windows 7 64 bit
See my same comment above.

ignore this see new post.
hey can i run Suikoden 3-5 and Kingdom Hearts 2 with these specs

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

cause i'm playing suikoden 4 right now and its kind off laggy

any suggestions?
That cpu will certainly be too weak, and that gpu wont help either.
So no, pcsc2 wont run decently for most games with that rig.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-12-2013, 03:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: That cpu will certainly be too weak, and that gpu wont help either.
So no, pcsc2 wont run decently for most games with that rig.

Is there a way to remove the lag or even minimize it with setting up the config?
(06-13-2013, 06:00 AM)riou0905 Wrote: Is there a way to remove the lag or even minimize it with setting up the config?

Not much, but you may experiment a few things.
But that would be off topic, and you'd better start your own thread.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So I want to build my first computer. I know about graphics cards and processors, and I know that something like an i5-3570K and GTX 660 are ideal for the emulator. However, I don't know if I want to spend all that money on my very first PC, especially because I am very unsure about the other components (PSU, Case) and I don't want to make a mistake and fry a very expensive CPU. That being said, I also worry about spending huge amounts of money on something I don't necessarily need or won't last a very long time. I'm thinking maybe my very first PC should be as cheap as possible.
For that reason, I discovered this combo deal from Newegg, which has a FX-6100 and a GTX 650 Ti 1GB. It costs only $460 and is probably the most powerful system you can get for that price
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundl...48292-LM5A)

So, here is what I want to know: can I do what I want to do with this setup? Originally I was interested in PCSX2 because I want to play Shadow of COlossus, but I eventually want to play: SIlent Hill 2, Fatal Frame 2, Final Fantasy X, ICO, Kingdom Hearts, Odin Sphere, Persona 3 and 4, Final Fantasy 12

I mean, I would be willing to for the i5 and GTX 660 but only if I absolutely have to.

Thanks for the advice.
Forget the FX-6100 (or any FX-?100), especially for Shadow of the Collosus. Bulldozer is not good for gaming. FX-?300 is much better for the job (20% gain in fact), and worth the extra few dollars. Honestly, with a screwdriver you can build an entire system much cheaper than paying the other guys to do it for you. Pretty much any case is standardized as to what areas accomadate what computer parts, such as motherbard area, psu area, dvd drive area, etc. Your gpu choice is very good. A Radeon 7850 gpu is a good alternative too. I sold my 7850 (dumb move on my part) and got another one used on ebay for around $108 after shipping.