Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Nope, that card looks good. It's a perfect middle-of-the-road card for PCSX2 and most PC games in general.

Sponsored links

Alrighty. Laugh
I don't see myself going into PC gaming in general too much, but the few games I do plan on can almost already run smoothly on my current machine [a near-budget 3 year old laptop], so I'm sure the computer build will be sufficient.
For future reference, I remember reading a review about it and I'm curious to get actual gamers' opinions on something. Will having a GPU with 2 GB of the GDDR5 memory really be hard to notice on a card of this calibre?
(08-06-2013, 06:10 AM)Kiptracx Wrote: Alrighty. Laugh
I don't see myself going into PC gaming in general too much, but the few games I do plan on can almost already run smoothly on my current machine [a near-budget 3 year old laptop], so I'm sure the computer build will be sufficient.
For future reference, I remember reading a review about it and I'm curious to get actual gamers' opinions on something. Will having a GPU with 2 GB of the GDDR5 memory really be hard to notice on a card of this calibre?

Depends on the game, but more likely than not... you won't notice it. Especially not with PCSX2 which can't make real big use of v-ram anyways.

Your card has to be fast enough (and have a high enough memory bandwidth) to take advantage of that extra ram, else the GPU itself will be starved and stall long before that extra ram can do anything useful.
Laptop: Lenovo y580
CPU: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM [email protected]
RAM: 8gb(DDR3)
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX660M 2GB with DirectX® 11

Can I expect my laptop to run a good majority of PS2 games at decent or full speed, with the right settings and/or speed hacks included?

Games I've tried out(with speed hacks included) with 2x native:
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3-full speed. framerate issues(no slowdowns) that occurs once in awhile. Here is how it usually looks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cySiGWDntic

GTA San Andreas- full speed , with the once in a while minor framerate issue . No framerate issues at native.

Zone of the enders 1 - Still working on it. I've found some progress with the VU slider where it speeds up to playability status. Though I've come across some slowdowns to in the midst of battle. Still trying to see if I can run it at full speed with no slowdowns at all.

Infinite World- Full Speed, no Framerate issues

WWE Smackdown HCTP- Full speed. some minor framerate issues during matches(no slowdown)
Edit: On second thought, should I just make my own thread? Or is this question fine here?
your lappi run majority of games(doesnt mean all game) at native or 2xnative its ok but its a laptop and have low 2.4 ghz so i cant say perfactly about it.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
You wont get support for an unofficial pcsx2 build anyways...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sorry jesalvein,as refraction said svn kinda supported these days.(cant find in which thread they say).
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
He's using a crappy "kingtodd version".
Which means modifies build including pirated bios most of the time. This is not an official svn.
(08-06-2013, 08:01 PM)jesalvein Wrote: He's using a crappy "kingtodd version".
Which means modifies build including pirated bios most of the time. This is not an official svn.

sorry,its my misunderstanding (my fault)cant read that one part on his post:-(
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(08-06-2013, 08:11 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: sorry,its my misunderstanding (my fault)cant read that one part on his post:-(

He edited it just after i posted my comment.
Oh well, whatever...