Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(11-04-2014, 07:05 AM)tbx59 Wrote: I posted a few pages back, and here's an update: put together a g3258/z97 pc mate combo from microcenter last night: just did the OCgenie overclock so far to 4.3ghz and - I forget exactly - 1.24 volts or so; 4gb ram and no video card yet. I've tested a few games and everything is running at 60 fps at native resolution. Pretty sweet budget rig.

wow,good luck trying to play games more demanding like sotc,ratchet and it's better to get a graphics card for higher resolutions but, if you are good with native than it''s ok Biggrin
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

I don't want to play SOTC on ps3, I think i'll be fine not playing it on a computer until I decide on a graphics card
(11-04-2014, 07:10 AM)tbx59 Wrote: I don't want to play SOTC on ps3, I think i'll be fine not playing it on a computer

even i get slowdowns on sotc at 3xnative at my 4770 in hw mode. but, i think you could play it well on native with your current processor and igpu.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-04-2014, 07:05 AM)tbx59 Wrote: I posted a few pages back, and here's an update: put together a g3258/z97 pc mate combo from microcenter last night: just did the OCgenie overclock so far to 4.3ghz and - I forget exactly - 1.24 volts or so; 4gb ram and no video card yet. I've tested a few games and everything is running at 60 fps at native resolution. Pretty sweet budget rig.

Thanks for coming back and posting your results! Glad to hear that everything worked out man. Have you tried running any games at 2xIR or 3xIR? You should be able to pull that off with the G3258's IGP. I'd be curious what your results are since I still haven't been able to put together my G3258 build. Sad Did you achieve that overclock on the stock cooler or did you end up getting an aftermarket one?

(11-04-2014, 07:07 AM)s.sakash Wrote: wow,good luck trying to play games more demanding like sotc,ratchet and it's better to get a graphics card for higher resolutions but, if you are good with native than it''s ok Biggrin

He doesn't necessarily need a graphics card for playing in higher resolutions, The IGP in Haswell chips is actually pretty impressive. Depending on the game, he should be able to run at 2xIR or 3xIR.

(11-04-2014, 07:12 AM)s.sakash Wrote: even i get slowdowns on sotc at 3xnative at my 4770 in hw mode. but, i think you could play it well on native with your current processor and igpu.

He should be able to play SotC just fine, his processor is clocked way higher than yours at the moment so it will perform a lot better.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
I'm glad you guys are trying to stay more on topic, don't think I haven't noticed.

But please, even this type of stuff needs to be kept to a minimum. This thread should look 99% like this:

Random guy: Will x PC run PCSX2 well?
One of us: Yes/no
Random guy: Well, what will?
One of us: Suggestion

That's basically it. Further discussion than that needs it's own thread, or a PM.

Thanks.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-04-2014, 05:56 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Thanks for coming back and posting your results! Glad to hear that everything worked out man. Have you tried running any games at 2xIR or 3xIR? You should be able to pull that off with the G3258's IGP. I'd be curious what your results are since I still haven't been able to put together my G3258 build. Sad Did you achieve that overclock on the stock cooler or did you end up getting an aftermarket one?

He doesn't necessarily need a graphics card for playing in higher resolutions, The IGP in Haswell chips is actually pretty impressive. Depending on the game, he should be able to run at 2xIR or 3xIR.

He should be able to play SotC just fine, his processor is clocked way higher than yours at the moment so it will perform a lot better.

Stock cooler and there should be more headroom as i didn't even bother to manually overclock it yet and the voltage is still fine; I haven't had time to really mess with configurations and upping the resolution, probably this weekend. It's a nice, cheap processor, I'm quite happy with it for playing ps2 games and the other things i've thrown at it
2x is no problem a couple hiccups in games at 3x so I just settled for a smooth 60 at 2x - it looks quite good anyway
(11-08-2014, 08:33 PM)tbx59 Wrote: 2x is no problem a couple hiccups in games at 3x so I just settled for a smooth 60 at 2x - it looks quite good anyway

Thanks for getting back to us! Would you mind going to this thread and telling us which games you tested 3xIR with? Thanks!
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-budge...-for-pcsx2
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Hi, i want to update my CPU but i'm between two options: Core 2 duo e8400 3ghz and Intel Quad Core Q9400 775 2.66 ghz. Which one of those are better, and second, should i bother with this upgrade to play PS2 at reasonable speed or pick a better desktop?

By the way, Windows 7, Nvidia GT 640 2gb, 4 gb DDR2
I would get a better desktop
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]