Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
you would have to overclock only for demanding games like Sotc and R&C and some other games. you will be fine with stock speeds on most moderate demanding games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

(03-09-2015, 01:08 PM)ssakash Wrote: you would have to overclock only for demanding games like Sotc and R&C and some other games. you will be fine with stock speeds on most moderate demanding games.

Actually ssakash, the fx6100 which is based on bulldozer happens to have a really bad stp even in comparison to the previous gen Phenom II
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
yeah, I had hoped it would be similar to the FX-6300. then, he probably would need a huge amount of overclock to even play moderate demanding games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
He would need about 4.6 which is about a 40% OC lol.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Here I've been farting around trying to get the latest version of PCSX2 up and running at full speed, only to find out that after several hours of clicking on different settings, and trying different configurations that it was my Processor that was to blame...

AMD Phenom 9550 Quadcore isn't quite up to snuff for this... Looks like I'll have to break down and build me a new system.
If you're on a budget, go for a G3258. It overclocks like crazy and performs very well on PCSX2 even without overclocking. It's also super cheap. If you live near a MicroCenter, go in there and see what kind of sales (and possible CPU+motherboard) bundles they have. I also suggest PCPartPicker.com for picking out your parts at the lowest prices.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
I was wondering if i could run the Sly Cooper series at medium setting on my PC.

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 (Overclocked to 4.5 GHZ)
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
PSU: EVGA 500W
GPU: None
RAM: 8 GB (1600)
I would overlcock a bit, but you should be able to
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
What do you mean by medium settings ? That igpu won't manage anything more than 2X native.
- Refraction
So as far as CPU goes, I'm good to go, this is one of the recommended I think?

its a intel core 2 (2.3 GHz, performance rated at 3.79)