Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
It's has always been my experience with building PC's that AMD CPU's outperform Intel and Nvidia GPU's outperform AMD formerly ATI.

Sponsored links

(01-27-2016, 11:11 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: It's has always been my experience with building PC's that AMD CPU's outperform Intel and Nvidia GPU's outperform AMD formerly ATI.

Intels are generally faster and have been for years now, especially for emulators.

Anyway that phenom ii is average. Don't expect demanding games to run well, but most games will probably be fine.
(01-27-2016, 11:33 PM)dogen Wrote: Intels are generally faster and have been for years now, especially for emulators.

I have never known that to be true. One of the most common misconceptions people have about AMD CPU's is that because the clock speeds are lower the performance must be as well. That's not true though it's not uncommon for an AMD CPU clocked at 2.7GHz to out perform an Intel Clocked at 3.0GHz.
(01-28-2016, 03:23 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I have never known that to be true. One of the most common misconceptions people have about AMD CPU's is that because the clock speeds are lower the performance must be as well. That's not true though it's not uncommon for an AMD CPU clocked at 2.7GHz to out perform an Intel Clocked at 3.0GHz.

Really?

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Int...2384vs1812
(01-28-2016, 03:23 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I have never known that to be true. One of the most common misconceptions people have about AMD CPU's is that because the clock speeds are lower the performance must be as well. That's not true though it's not uncommon for an AMD CPU clocked at 2.7GHz to out perform an Intel Clocked at 3.0GHz.

Where have you been for the last 9 1/2 years? AMD has been slower clock for clock since C2D
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-28-2016, 03:47 AM)JonyeGway Wrote: Really?

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Int...2384vs1812

And this is the part where I post a benchmark of an AMD outperforming an Intel and we go back and forth with each other and it never ends.

I suppose really what it comes down to is just preference.
(01-28-2016, 04:21 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: And this is the part where I post a benchmark of an AMD outperforming an Intel and we go back and forth with each other and it never ends.

Not in single thread benchmarks. And once we get into hyperthreaded i7s AMD just flat out loses in all benchmarks.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-28-2016, 04:21 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: And this is the part where I post a benchmark of an AMD outperforming an Intel and we go back and forth with each other and it never ends.

My preference is faster, more efficient CPUs. I didn't even pick Intels newest processors and that is the fastest AMD processor available.
Unless you've looked at every CPU I don't know if I'd call that a true statement. It still comes back to preference. I think we'll just have to leave it at that. Nobody ever agrees on this stuff anyway.

I do appreciate your guys responses though. It's fun to talk tech.
(01-28-2016, 04:39 AM)JonyeGway Wrote: My preference is faster, more efficient CPUs. I didn't even pick Intels newest processors and that is the fastest AMD processor available.

You don't need to be disrespectful either. That I don't appreciate.