[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(09-05-2014, 02:46 AM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: My MPB is showing its age, it seems. I did have vcrun2013 installed, but no matter my settings, I can't get the GSdx plugins to work with Wineskin's built-in X11. Is that what you're using? It seems to me that you were. Using the system-installed XQuartz is working for me, but the framerates are pretty rough (not that I can expect much with my machine).

After some more testing, it looks like the framerates are pretty much the same for me using the built-in vs system X11. Can anyone else confirm this?

Hey ConsoleEmu,

To get the GSdx plugins to work, you need to go into Wineskin, then 'Set Screen Options'. You will then see a button that says Use Mac Driver instead of X11. Enable that. VOILA. It works, ConsoleEmu.

Sponsored links

(09-05-2014, 02:46 AM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: My MPB is showing its age, it seems. I did have vcrun2013 installed, but no matter my settings, I can't get the GSdx plugins to work with Wineskin's built-in X11. Is that what you're using? It seems to me that you were. Using the system-installed XQuartz is working for me, but the framerates are pretty rough (not that I can expect much with my machine)

Icetherealdeal is right.

Don't use X-11 or X-Quartz. Newer versions of Wineskin have a native mac driver! Select it on the screen options section of the Wineskin options.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-05-2014, 04:37 AM)icetherealdeal Wrote: Hey ConsoleEmu,

To get the GSdx plugins to work, you need to go into Wineskin, then 'Set Screen Options'. You will then see a button that says Use Mac Driver instead of X11. Enable that. VOILA. It works, ConsoleEmu.

(09-05-2014, 10:00 AM)MacUser Wrote: Icetherealdeal is right.

Don't use X-11 or X-Quartz. Newer versions of Wineskin have a native mac driver! Select it on the screen options section of the Wineskin options.

I *really* should have known that. I'll blame it on being away from my Mac for 3 months. Thanks, guys. It's a good thing some of us know what's going on! I'm working on executing Wineskin's winetricks from a shell script (well, .command file) to make it easier for people to install d3dx9 and vcrun2013. Once I get that up and running, I'll upload a new build with some known not-working plugins removed to help clear up some confusion on that front, too.
I'm hoping to have a new build up tomorrow. Thanks to MacUser, I took a look around to see what I could delete from the wrapper to make it a more manageable size. I've got it below 250MB with everything installed, so without the winetricks stuff in there, I'm hoping I can get it under 200MB uncompressed. Our ISPs will be grateful!
(09-06-2014, 07:11 AM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: I'm hoping to have a new build up tomorrow. Thanks to MacUser, I took a look around to see what I could delete from the wrapper to make it a more manageable size. I've got it below 250MB with everything installed, so without the winetricks stuff in there, I'm hoping I can get it under 200MB uncompressed. Our ISPs will be grateful!

Where will the new build be posted?
(09-06-2014, 03:31 PM)icetherealdeal Wrote: Where will the new build be posted?

I've gotten the compressed file size low enough (~34 MB and dropping) that I should be able to host it on my website. I'll keep you posted.
Please keep me posted!
I was finally able to get the PSXC2 display to open with your download, which was more progress than I'd had with other PSXC2 downloads. So thank you!. I had the same vcrun error. While my display still opens, whenever I try to run a game it says that the bios are invalid or nonexistent and that I need to select new ones. I have tried about 10 different bios downloads and have no idea what the problem is anymore. Please help emu-sensei.
(09-06-2014, 08:13 PM)ajmckay Wrote: I have tried about 10 different bios downloads and have no idea what the problem is anymore
And you can have a warning for piracy too.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Okay! I've got a beta build for any of you adventurous folk to try. The download is about 26.5MB, a huge improvement over my last build, which was over 130MB, I believe.

I made a bunch of changes, but one that I'm pretty happy about is a little shell script I included in the bundle, Wineskin.command. Double-click that, and it will automatically install the necessary Windows dependencies PCSX2 needs using winetricks, so this build should be really, really easy for people to use.

You can find this build on my website: http://consoleemu.com/emulator/pcsx2 . Look for the download link after "PCSX2 1.2.1 for Mac OS X using PCSX2-CE (beta)"

This is still a work-in-progress. I didn't do any work pre-configuring plugins, but all of the Wineskin settings should be correct. Let me know how it goes!
(09-07-2014, 05:08 PM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: This is still a work-in-progress. I didn't do any work pre-configuring plugins, but all of the Wineskin settings should be correct. Let me know how it goes!

Hi ConsoleEmu,

I just downloaded and have some feedback.

Important ones first:

1: you changed the name of the PCSX2 folder, but didn't redirect Wineskin. When I try to run the app, it fails and then opens Wineskin config. To solve, just re-do the path to the PCSX2.exe file.

2: You included the Dev9 plugin, which will be selected by default. This causes a crash and the games I tried don't work. Remove it and use the Dev9Null plugin instead.

3: I know you didn't change any of the plugin settings yet, but SPUX-2 doesn't work out of the box. Portaudio has to be chosen, but newbies have no idea.

Small niggles:

1: no icon in Finder (easily fixed)
2: When downloading from your site it was downloading "xxMB of ?" in Safari. I had no idea how big the download was or when it would finish. (well, I knew it was around 26MB because you said...)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)