[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(11-20-2014, 03:59 PM)kevlar Wrote: Silly question, but does this all work with pcsx2 0.9.6 as thats the version of pcsx2 I've got and I'm running yosemite on my mac

No
pcsx2 0.9.6 is OLD OLD OLD

Sponsored links

Okay... wglCreateContextAttribsARB it's a problem with Wine.
It's not a problem with PCSX2.
(11-22-2014, 09:29 PM)uyjulian Wrote: Okay... wglCreateContextAttribsARB it's a problem with Wine.
It's not a problem with PCSX2.

Yes, I was following the progress on git. It wasn't a waste of time though, the windows version actually wasn't declaring properly. I presume Gregory will commit that change anyway.

I still think the problem is with the Mac Driver in Wine. It may actually be written to use a lower version of OGL. Remember, if it calls a deprecated function, OGL will default to 2.1. Since the driver is handling all the windowing etc, it is quite possible that it is doing that.

The source for the Mac Driver is here:

https://github.com/wine-mirror/wine/tree...inemac.drv

Maybe you might have better luck figuring it out than I've had...
(11-18-2014, 02:37 AM)uyjulian Wrote: Yeah, the new build works fine, no dlls needed anymore!
The wineskin maintainer has been inactive for some time now...

Doh123 used to update regularly, but recently he just does it every 2 months or so.

Wine 1.7.31 (and 1.7.30) have just been updated in Wineskin Winery.

However, I tried making a new PCSX2 under 1.7.31 without installing any extras. It wouldn't run at all without d3dx9_36, and it would crash when booting a game (FFX) without vcrun2013.

It looks to me that they are still needed for now. What games did you try?
Did you start from scratch or did you just change the engine of an old build (with the dlls still installed)?
(11-25-2014, 06:31 AM)MacUser Wrote: Doh123 used to update regularly, but recently he just does it every 2 months or so.

Wine 1.7.31 (and 1.7.30) have just been updated in Wineskin Winery.

However, I tried making a new PCSX2 under 1.7.31 without installing any extras. It wouldn't run at all without d3dx9_36, and it would crash when booting a game (FFX) without vcrun2013.

It looks to me that they are still needed for now. What games did you try?
Did you start from scratch or did you just change the engine of an old build (with the dlls still installed)?
I did a custom build, since the 1.7.31 was not up on Winery yet.
All the winetricks I installed was d3dcompiler, and put gsdx in directx 9 mode (software), and it works.
I tried Tales of the Abyss, worked fine.
(11-27-2014, 07:46 AM)uyjulian Wrote: I did a custom build, since the 1.7.31 was not up on Winery yet.
All the winetricks I installed was d3dcompiler, and put gsdx in directx 9 mode (software), and it works.
I tried Tales of the Abyss, worked fine.

With only d3dcompiler_43 installed I get a crash on startup:

Quote:fixme:dwmapiLaughwmEnableMMCSS (1) stub
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
err:ole:RegisterDragDrop invalid hwnd 0x0
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded

If I use X11 (not the mac driver) it will run, but again I get a crash when loading a game in Direct3D9 (Software).
Okay, that's weird, what is your graphics card (intel, amd, nvidia)?
Hey everyone,

I've tried this out with some success. The FPS stays at around 60 FPS with software rendering at a native resolution which is fine by me... but only IF it was actually running at 60 FPS. I can tell that the game is rendering at 60 FPS, but the window is not displaying in 60 FPS if that makes any sense.

I get a lot of stuttering, and it's not at all related to my settings, but something to do with Wine itself. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.
(11-30-2014, 10:40 PM)uyjulian Wrote: Okay, that's weird, what is your graphics card (intel, amd, nvidia)?

Mac Mini Mid-2011
AMD Radeon HD 6630M (256MB)

(I have access to a Macbook Air with an Intel HD 4000, but I haven't tested it)
(12-01-2014, 02:26 PM)LeonBlade Wrote: Hey everyone,

I've tried this out with some success. The FPS stays at around 60 FPS with software rendering at a native resolution which is fine by me... but only IF it was actually running at 60 FPS. I can tell that the game is rendering at 60 FPS, but the window is not displaying in 60 FPS if that makes any sense.

I get a lot of stuttering, and it's not at all related to my settings, but something to do with Wine itself. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

What game are you playing? Some games are locked to other FPS but it shows as 60FPS in the emulator.