Texture Filtering Slowdown bug
Yeah @ Rassane, same dif tho, and i was tired and annoyed and not thinking straight.
@KrossX yes I can

http://prntscr.com/38x2xl

Attack animation 1 Texture filter bug: http://prntscr.com/38x3jm

It is consistant on this mob with the same attack, all other attacks, even one more graphical, has no problems.
If I turn off Texture Filter, problem goes away. doesnt matter if i overclock to 5ghz, the result is the same as a 4.2, or 4.5 OC.

Configs are as follows:

1600 x 900 internal res (changing to 800x600 made no diff)
1EE
0VU
Back hacks checked with new build.

DX12 Hardware
1600x900 res (native res had the same problem)
shade boost on
FXAA on
FX Shader on
Edge AA with 4 extra rendering threads
Half pixel offset
0000/1000 TC Offsets

Problem still exists with everything unchecked and at native res

*Edit
Problem is not present in SVN build 1.3.0 rev 5932, so I am assuming whatever the problem was with texture filtering, it has hence been fixed in the latest SVN builds.

Sponsored links

I might add that the save bug throughout the game with 1.3.0 rev 5932 is also fixed.
The save bug is fixed? Nice.

Why are you running Half Pixel offset? And also, the TC offset only works with Xenosaga 2 from my testing(and although it fixes the hair, it messes up their lips!)

Anyway, I haven't been able to duplicate this issue on my system with the code I built on April 6th. I will tell you that what you are showing a screenshot of is one of the more demanding effects. E.g. above 4x it will slow down my system, texture filtering or not. It's fine at 3x though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I have played this game on system And i know what fight his talking about and I no Slowdown with its effect and I have texture filtering on (2d/3d) with 4x and the GSDX shader with everything but the Color grading

Only MTVU and reccomend speed hacks. But with things like Thermal Blast and AGWS fight there tends to be slow down and few cut scenes here and there.

(04-12-2014, 05:43 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The save bug is fixed? Nice.

Why are you running Half Pixel offset? And also, the TC offset only works with Xenosaga 2 from my testing(and although it fixes the hair, it messes up their lips!)

TC offest fixes there hair in Xenosaga to oddly enough I never noticed there hair was messed up in xenosaga I only noticed it in 2

Save bug is still there so i not sure why he that guy says it fixed as the save on elsa by the bridge still boots to the bios/memory card menu so does the first save in the game
Yeah as I said I'm pretty sure the TC offset is only relevant for Xenosaga 2.

As far as slowdown, the worst for me was Thermal Blast. At 3X I had no slowdown, but at 4x I had massive slowdown. It's because of the particle effects it uses I'm sure.

And yeah the two saves that I had issues with where Shion's room on the Woglinde and the main save on the Elsa.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-12-2014, 08:24 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yeah as I said I'm pretty sure the TC offset is only relevant for Xenosaga 2.

As far as slowdown, the worst for me was Thermal Blast. At 3X I had no slowdown, but at 4x I had massive slowdown. It's because of the particle effects it uses I'm sure.

And yeah the two saves that I had issues with where Shion's room on the Woglinde and the main save on the Elsa.

yah shions room was another spot that had issue, I only had time to test those Elsa save by the bridge and first say when start new game. they both boot to bios.

And Thermal blast and i think one other character skill i know has massive slowdown other then that 4x worked great with texture filtering short of 1 or 2 specific cut scenes(cut scene where Momo and Ziggy are being chased this drops to 45 ish no mater what settings and first scene before the first Gneno battle this drops 45 for 2 seconds weather i used 3x~4x or used MTVU on or off) and the agws battler with more then 4 of them on the screen.

But no skill monster did ever drop my fps enough for me to actual notice it
I had some pretty heavy slowdown in a few places, specifically some of the larger mech battles. MTVU causes slowdown in Xenosaga on AMD based processors, so that sucked and meant I couldn't use MTVU. The worst for me was the big mech battle on the elevator towards the end of the game. 30 fps the whole way. Other than that, a few mech battles were ~50 FPS and sometimes I got slowdown to ~55 FPS in heavy cutscenes. This was when my CPU was at 4.1 though, and getting throttled because of the weak stock air cooler. Now at 4.4 on water cooling I'm sure I'd do a lot better.
I will tell you guys that its not the save points in some areas that are bugged but the area itself. This became relevant when using the save anywhere hack. In some areas, they cause a system.cnf to close out the game to disc screen. I am willing to bet the problem should be easy to find, though i have yet to dl the source for pcsx2. I might give it a look later on tonight.

also i have had 0 slowdowns, even with 6x in any scene, including the mech scene at the end, so im golden and everything is working in this rev, including texture filtering.