Trouble with Tony Hawk's underground 2
Hey, I may be new to these forums but not to the pcsx2 emulator. For the past day I have been tweaking with the pcsx2 video and emulation settings trying to get a steady 58 to 60 fps on thug2. I tried and tried to no avail, Until last night I finally tweaked the settings enough to run thug2 at least 56fps. Before I was only getting 45fps. I mean I can run thug2 in native resolution, but it looks like crap. Now I will go on the record and say that I can run Tony Hawk's Underground 1 at a perfect 60fps with no input delay or slowdown at all even with 2x native resolution checked. But on thug2 for some reason I have to keep going into video settings and checking then rechecking the "enable large frame buffer" box for it to speed up. For example if I start up the game, it will only run at 45fps until I go into video settings and check then recheck the large frame buffer box. When the level loads it runs at a decent 56fps, but once I go back to the menu and start another level it slows down again, and I have to keep repeating the process... It is very strange and annoying. Any suggestions?

I have a Nvidia GT 730 graphics card with 6134 of total video memory, and 2048 of dedicated video memory. Also AMD Quad-Core FX-4300 processor at 3.80GHz.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
The version of PCSX2 you are using.
Any non default settings you are using.
What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(11-15-2017, 08:21 AM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
   The version of PCSX2 you are using.
   Any non default settings you are using.
   What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Well I got it to work by overclocking, but I come to realize that pc games run much smoother, and better than pcsx2. Due to the fact that it is not trying to interpret another engine.. So I have been playing thugpro aka Tony Hawk's Underground Pro mod for PC. I get full 1920x 1080p resolution plus 65fps so I can't complain. Plus I also Have the pc version of Tony Hawk's Underground 2 now which also runs nice.