[UPDATED] New suggested VFOV value for PAL Rule of Rose (all else is now ok)
Well, actually I get to try the patch only now, and it doesn't seem to work.
The cheats are enabled and the log says this:

Cheats found!
comment: Widescreen Hack
Cheats Loaded: 2
Impossible blend for D3D: (Cd - Cs) * 15 >> 7 + Cd

The last line is the one that worries me.

Sponsored links

(10-09-2012, 07:44 PM)Ignorope Wrote: Impossible blend for D3D: (Cd - Cs) * 15 >> 7 + Cd

The last line is the one that worries me.

problem not here. without patch you'll see the same.
maybe you try load with quicksave? if yes try load from memory card or start new game. this game applies changes when loading.
Okay, I think I understand what is going on. I compared some screenshots that I had before with how the game looks now. It is in widescreen now.. well, sort of. The field of view is increased, so I see more on the left and right sides, but the game is still displaying in a 4:3 aspect ratio (or whatever its native is).

So basically when I go full screen, I still see the black bars on the side and everything appears squashed horizontally. I'm checking in the settings to see if there's a way to fix this, but if you know, holla at me Smile

[UPDATE: well, yes, I'm an idiot. I didn't have set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the GS Window settings. Now it's all good. Thanks to everybody who replied to me and helped me!
(I guess that to find out how to get the vibration I'll create another thread in another section if I can't find anything)]

[UPDATE 2: now, for my own curiosity.. sergx12, can you tell me what program you use to hex edit the game, what file you edit and what values control the field of view? I have played with this sort of things before, so I do have a tiny bit of knowledge about these things.. if you see here, for example, I helped getting Silent Hill 4 for PC in proper 16:9 aspect ratio (my username in that thread is Rope and my post is the one with all those screenshots).. I'm asking this because.. I don't want to sound like a fussy ungrateful bastard, but I compared the 4:3 and the 16:9 screenshots and in the 16:9 is camera is slightly further away than the 4:3.. so I was wondering if I could get the vertical FOV to be as close to the original one as possible.. this is not particularly important of course, I don't want to sound too anal about this whole widescreen thing, it was just for my own.. entertainment. If it's too complicated I won't do it.. but if it's simple.. I've got the time to mess with it, if you give me a little guidance to start with]
it's simple. just open patch with notepad and change
patch=1,EE,0013bf48,extended,3c013f12
to
patch=1,EE,0013bf48,extended,3c013f11 (or 3c013f10, or 3c013f09) if you want decrease fov.

first value in patch 3c013f12 = both fov
second 3c013f10 = vert fov
Thanks. I found that changing 3c013f12 to 3c013f16 gives the game widescreen with a vertical field of view as close as the game's original intended one. Here's three screenshots for comparison of the two values with the origianl VFOV:

1) 3c013f12 (original widescreen patch VFOV value)
2) game in 4:3 with its intended VFOV
3) 3c013f16 (new VFOV value, closest to intended one)

[Image: pcsx2r542312.jpg]
[Image: pcsx2r5423126.jpg]
[Image: pcsx2r542316.jpg]

Feel free to "update" the patch with the new value if you find these results valid. Thanks for the guidance Smile
Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, but I have a widescreen question regarding Rule of Rose. I figured it would be better to post here instead of starting a new thread.

Right, so, the game runs beautifully and I have a working widescreen hack (found in the big archive zip).

The FMVs in this game are letterboxed, and of course this means that their aspect ratio is off while playing widescreen. I understand that this is normal and to be expected.

However, I came across a "Let's Play" on Youtube, and the individual appears to have seamlessly "de-letterboxed" the FMVs.

The video in question:

And the author's description:

Quote:Rule of Rose © Punchline, walkthrough, widescreen patched (16:9, by sergx12), upscaled to 720p HD. FMV cutscenes de-letterboxed for perfect widescreen. Good Ending. Played on PCSX2 and recorded with Fraps. Enjoy!

Would anyone be so kind as to describe how this might have been accomplished?

Your advice and thoughts are very, very much appreciated. Thank you! Smile
My guess is they were deletterboxed in "post production" so to speak. That is recorded from pcsx2 letterboxed, but deletterboxed in the video encoding stage.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The LPer did it in post-process. I know, since I helped her set up the game myself. Tongue
Ahh, well that explains it. Thanks very much for the answer guys.