VM (Virutal Machine Version)?
(05-15-2013, 09:52 PM)refraction Wrote: It will never be faster running off a DVD, the original or copy. What is the FPS when it's laggy? i mean 60fps is perfect for an NTSC game.

The fps is still at 60 but the everything takes longer to do. Not sound though.

Sponsored links

If you use slider speedhacks - that would just be a side effect of doing it, since they basically underclock the emulated console, if a game actually needs that extra power, they'll usually slow down(at best, since it can as well break loads of stuff;p).
If that's not the case dunno, but some games lag even at actual console.
(05-15-2013, 02:45 PM)refraction Wrote: 3-4 will be faster than 5. I recommend 3 personally.
even on a 6-core pc?
(05-15-2013, 10:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: even on a 6-core pc?

Hmm possibly, im not sure..I guess he will have to test to find out, see how it handles it!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

With 6 cores I would enable the MTVU speedhack and set GSdx to either 3 or 4 extra threads.
Choose what works better.
I have found the MTVU speedhack with 4 cores and VU stealing at 1 to be ideal. I keep the limiter on at all times except when I get to a laggy zone then I disable it and it goes up to 80 fps. Then once I see it go to 150 fps and it's so fast it's unplayable I put the limiter back on with the handy F4. It's also annoying that software mode (helps the spazzy textures) kills the quility. Without it on I get an extra 40 fps.
It's just a problematic game for emulation.
(05-17-2013, 09:28 AM)rama Wrote: It's just a problematic game for emulation.
Do you see it getting fixed anytime soon?

It seems like development has slowed down a lot even though this isn't a perfect emulator. I mean look at Dolphin. And I know the PS2 is hard to emulate but I sense a lack of development.
pcsx2 has about 5 devs, I think..

dolphin has at least 3 times that. also, the gamecube/wii has PC hardware. the PS2 is not pc-based
Certainly doesn't help that CottonVibes and Jake moved on... those men were crazy good with what they did. Not that the remaining devs aren't either. Curse them for being so talented and getting good high paying jobs that keeps them from doing work on a hobby program free of charge!
[Image: 2748844.png]