Valkyrie Profile 2 - No leader item/bad drop rates
@ryudo

i have this code to check this out correct me i not mistaken that is really not permanently ruin your game file..once you enable that and you save that game...then reboot the game then turn off the cheat....that cheat effect is gone and the save is not ruin i think.
//long sword's ATK 65535
patch=1,EE,10314C04,extended,0000FFFF
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel

Sponsored links

When the game detect cheating,if you save your game(memory card save)the game will corrupt the save usually in a way that you think that everything is fine but the game is waiting for you to reach chapter 5 to make you regret using cheats even more(the game will freeze from then on when you try to enter battle)

I made some cheats long ago and apply them to my memory card save and then started playing the game on my PS2.
I used that modified save to clear the game at least 3 times and there is no problems at all.

I have two saves
1.At the first possible save location since starting the game and that save have tons of money,and all if the equipments to gain alll of the abilities I consider worth getting.
2.Before the boss in serdberg mountain ruins and that save contains all of the above but also have two einherjars that I always use and 99999 crystals(enought to get all of the sealstones that are worth getting)

And no,the saves are not have all\max stats to everyone....I hate that kind of cheating(it makes any game boring really fast)
(01-05-2018, 02:17 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Patches/cheats in this game can permanently ruin a save file. Even if you turn the stuff off. In that case all you can do is start over from the beginning or load a save from before you used them in the first place. Sometimes using cheats causes a freeze very late in the game as well during a particular boss fight, and there's no way to restore this issue.

tl;dr - this game sucks with any type of patch. Disable widescreen patches and use the built-in native 16:9 support, and don't use cheats either unless they are 100% properly tested to not cause freezes.

Yea it's weird.  Game didn't even wait to ruin the file, though that's a good thing.  Just playing with NOTHING not even save states lol.  Working much better for now.  If I get to Chapter 5 and it goes bust again I'm going to be sad