"Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria" Game Protection disabled
(09-18-2019, 08:53 PM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: UPDATE: When booting the Game in "Loading settings data" Screen search with Cheat Engine
             the 8-Byte Hex Value 180785B5D3ACB73c in the Range 20640000 - 2068FFFF
             That's the Area of the encrypted Values.I think that's about 14 Lines.
             14 x 16 Bytes = 224 Bytes approximately.
             That Area also contains the Settings (Menu) Values of Game, Environment and Controls.

Thanks I will have a look. At first glance, the encryption look complex. Lots of rapid timed XMM register exchanges that alter the encryption key on the fly, and if I break and trace I get lockups.
For Magic Crystals I tried some things. Every time something changes in encrypted area it checks that area for an encryption key. Then it writes the new encrypted data. I double checked (with quicksaves/loads) if there is encryption consistency - there is not. Since freezing the encrypted values DOES work, it must mean the DEcryption key must be stored either embedded as a check digit or stored as a separate value (one Crystal modification changes 4-6 4b values).
So I did not make a lot of headway there. It's too difficult for me I fear.

As for structure this is what I have identified so far;
~2065C9D0 - 2065F730 Character stats area, encrypted
~2065FBD0 - 2065FCFB Pertinent to the Crystals,OTH and Sealstones, encrypted
~2065FD00 - 20660CC0 Item data array, unencrypted
~206956BD - 20695F08 Flag Area, unencrypted

Sponsored links

@dharthoorn

I managed to separate the encrypted Data from the Crystal Values.Now i can have 99999 Crystals by viewing
the Camp Menu without corrupting the save file but the disadvantage is that the 99999 Crystals itself are not saveable.
Same Story with 99999999 OTH.
(09-19-2019, 05:57 PM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: @dharthoorn

I managed to separate the encrypted Data from the Crystal Values.Now i can have 99999 Crystals by viewing
the Camp Menu without corrupting the save file but the disadvantage is that the 99999 Crystals itself are not saveable.
Same Story with 99999999 OTH.

Not saveable how? You mean if you save it will fail integrity check at next boot?
(09-19-2019, 08:00 PM)ydharthoorn Wrote: Not saveable how? You mean if you save it will fail integrity check at next boot?

No, integrity check will not fail next boot.But the not saveable Crystal Values will not flow in the Calculation to the encrypted Values.
The System then is not going to recognize that you are cheating with the Crystal Values.
If you would not use that Code afterwards you will see the Crystal Values which you really have collected in the Game.
No Error occurs.
(09-19-2019, 08:11 PM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: No, integrity check will not fail next boot.But the not saveable Crystal Values will not flow in the Calculation to the encrypted Values.
The System then is not going to recognize that you are cheating with the Crystal Values.
If you would not use that Code afterwards you will see the Crystal Values which you really have collected in the Game.
No Error occurs.

Oh so you redirected the register to a temporary one. Nice.
Well in that case I would like to use it!
(09-19-2019, 09:44 PM)dharthoorn Wrote: Oh so you redirected the register to a temporary one. Nice.
Well in that case I would like to use it!

Oops, they are apparently only graphical Values Laugh ,it's not the real Money.
But i think i upload the experimental Patch here, so you can check that too.

UPDATE: Both Codes for fake OTH and Crystals removed and new Code for removing the Countdown-Timer
             in the Ravine Caverns for Test Purposes added!

UPDATE 2: Removing Countdown-Timer in the Ravine Caverns has passed another Test with the User dharthoorn
               therefore i have added the Code to the real Patch for the Community :-)

<No Test Patch here right now>
(09-20-2019, 01:00 AM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: Oops, they are apparently only graphical Values Laugh ,it's not the real Money.
But i think i upload the experimental Patch here, so you can check that too.

Yes it happened to me too but then the value it was for popping only.... Sad  I will check the code tonight!

UPDATE: Crystal Code result in boot fail Sad 
Code:
(EE pc:00201CB4) TLB Miss, addr=0x11e [load]
(EE pc:00201CB4) TLB Miss, addr=0x1000 [load]
(EE pc:00201CE0) TLB Miss, addr=0x1004 [load]
(EE pc:00201CE0) TLB Miss, addr=0x1008 [load]
(EE pc:00201CF0) TLB Miss, addr=0x1011 [store]
Trap exception at 0x00560500

Also I upload aob for items. Flags are still a WIP but should be done soon. I found you can completely reverse the gameflow and start at beginning post-game. Starting with Brahms, Hrist and Freya will be cool.

Anyway, let me know if CT aob it works for you. Since it's aob it could even work on SLUS version also.

VP2PALAOB

Edit: cant upload .ct so link instead.
(09-20-2019, 06:05 PM)dharthoorn Wrote:  
Yes it happened to me too but then the value it was for popping only.... Sad  I will check the code tonight!

UPDATE: Crystal Code result in boot fail Sad 
Code:
(EE pc:00201CB4) TLB Miss, addr=0x11e [load]
(EE pc:00201CB4) TLB Miss, addr=0x1000 [load]
(EE pc:00201CE0) TLB Miss, addr=0x1004 [load]
(EE pc:00201CE0) TLB Miss, addr=0x1008 [load]
(EE pc:00201CF0) TLB Miss, addr=0x1011 [store]
Trap exception at 0x00560500

Also I upload aob for items. Flags are still a WIP but should be done soon. I found you can completely reverse the gameflow and start at beginning post-game. Starting with Brahms, Hrist and Freya will be cool.

Anyway, let me know if CT aob it works for you. Since it's aob it could even work on SLUS version also.

VP2PALAOB

Edit: cant upload .ct so link instead.

I have removed both Codes for fake OTH and Crystals and added a Code for removing the Countdown-Timer in the Ravine Caverns.
It works for me.You can try that too.If it should work for you either i will add it to the real Patch for the Community.
I can't load the CT in Cheat Engine 6.8.3 properly.I think i must update Cheat Engine Huh
(09-21-2019, 07:44 AM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: I have removed both Codes for fake OTH and Crystals and added a Code for removing the Countdown-Timer in the Ravine Caverns.
It works for me.You can try that too.If it should work for you either i will add it to the real Patch for the Community.
I can't load the CT in Cheat Engine 6.8.3 properly.I think i must update Cheat Engine Huh

Table was made in CE7.0 so some lua script will not work properly.

Also I checked the pnach your post in the cheats thread but I could see no new Ravine Caverns code. Unsure
Can you post the updated pnach please?
(09-21-2019, 09:53 PM)dharthoorn Wrote: Table was made in CE7.0 so some lua script will not work properly.

Also I checked the pnach your post in the cheats thread but I could see no new Ravine Caverns code. Unsure
Can you post the updated pnach please?

Sorry should have mention that's here in this Thread:

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Valkyrie...#pid602953