Version 1.6.0 failing to boot ROMs.
So I decided to update from version 1.4.0 to 1.6.0 of PCSX2. I go to load up a game after doing the basic setting up, and I've been getting greeted by this error message: "Failed to read/write NVM/MEC file. Check your BIOS setup/permission settings." I even tried multiple versions of the US Bios. Please help. Excl Mellow

Sponsored links

If you downloaded any BIOS files, please delete them and keep your original. There should be 3 files. Make sure the paths are correct, check folder permissions and try to reconfigure your settings.
(06-06-2020, 10:13 PM)CK1 Wrote: If you downloaded any BIOS files, please delete them and keep your original. There should be 3 files. Make sure the paths are correct, check folder permissions and try to reconfigure your settings.
As in, keep the Bios files that were with 1.4.0? I know for a fact the folder path was correct, I was able to change different settings, just not boot a game. Just figured out how to change folder permissions lol. Sometimes it gets needlessly complicated.
(06-06-2020, 11:11 PM)Joejoesgotflow Wrote: As in, keep the Bios files that were with 1.4.0? I know for a fact the folder path was correct, I was able to change different settings, just not boot a game. Just figured out how to change folder permissions lol. Sometimes it gets needlessly complicated.

Yes, keep your original and don't touch them otherwise. Did you try booting from your disks directly?
(06-07-2020, 01:45 AM)CK1 Wrote: Yes, keep your original and don't touch them otherwise. Did you try booting from your disks directly?
I tried again after restarting my PC and now it's working. Thank you. Biggrin And physical disks? No. I was gonna thank you sooner but a mod thought it was a good idea to close the thread for no good reason, what we talked about didn't go against the rules. Smh. Some authority figure.  Huh Rolleyes
LOL, so you're basically stating that you don't own the original discs, but since the scope of this thread didn't make you confess that information, you're free from blame Wink
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM