Wild Arms 3 To Slow
Let me guess killing the grain filter gives back quite a bit of performance?

Sponsored links

I'm actually not sure if it kills anything, at least it didn't last time I tried it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
That's odd. Logic would dictate anything that gives a large performance boost is cause it's neglecting to draw something. Though I guess in theory it could be something that was isn't viewable that in a modern graphics card would be culled.
(06-02-2011, 01:24 AM)dralor Wrote: That and they can be had for 50 bucks right now. It will still be slow on those if you try run at higher then native res that's one of the few my 8800GT can't really run at high res.

My computer is about 2-3 years old now, so that is probably a factor in my low end graphics card.

Hm, so Wild Arms 3 is a bit draining even on higher end computers?
With better graphic cards it's fast as soon as you don't use very high resolutions, did you try the skipdraw hack with your current card yet?
Oh playing with it before I go to bed. I have to be up for work in 5 hours but Skipdraw 2 vastly speeds it up but it definitely does something to the picture. The colors look more washed out and the black lines around the characters aren't as thick. It could do other things as well but that is just playing around with it in the opening scene on the train.

Edit I can confirm it seems do mess with the environmental lighting immediately noticeable on the scene where they open the door to the car with the chest. With skipdraw 2 lighting effects are just plain missing.
Sounds about right it's called skip-draw for a reason Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah I knew it was doing something to get the performance just wasn't sure what. Since shadowlady said she didn't see any difference I decided to play with it a bit to see if I could find out what it was doing. I can make some screenshots this weekend if anyone cares to see the difference.
Well last I tried was with skipdraw=1, I try to use the least possible and skipdraw=1 was enough of a speedup for me without problems, I'm sure if you set it to like 1000 it'll skip more than the lights Tongue2
Heh I only did 2 because I tried one and saw no to a minor difference 2-3 FPS at most. And yeah I knew that at some point it will skip everything Tongue2