Will a quad core intel processor at 2.42Ghz be enough for okami?
The Bay Trail processors are BGA, they're soldered to the motherboard. He would have to upgrade his motherboard, his CPU, and more than likely his case and RAM as well. :-\
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU

Sponsored links

I haven't got a ps2 anymore sadly it's long gone but i have a 360 controller and i had an okami disk from a friend so i saved it as an iso to my computer to run without the disc just in case the disk gets scratched or something
I tried 3 rendering threads and that gave me the most FPS but still no where near playable (Very pretty though)

And yeah i can't even put a GPU in this computer. No PCI or AGP or PCIe ports whatsoever. Not even a spot for an extra HDD but i can get another 4GB of ram for my computer and upgrade to an SSD

Was the cheapest computer to get at walmart for only 248$ that was a quad core
(02-10-2015, 04:52 PM)realflow100 Wrote: And yeah i can't even put a GPU in this computer. No PCI or AGP or PCIe ports whatsoever. Not even a spot for an extra HDD but i can get another 4GB of ram for my computer and upgrade to an SSD

Was the cheapest computer to get at walmart for only 248$ that was a quad core

The extra RAM won't really help with PCSX2 I'm afraid, and more than likely neither will the SSD. SSDs are a nice upgrade overall though.

Sorry to say but now you see why it was so cheap. If you're looking to buy a computer later down the road that's cheap but more suited for emulation, check out ssakash's guide. The link to the thread is in his sig. Smile
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Is there some CPU-hogging setting that's decreasing my speed that you can see that would make it need less work to do the calculations or something like that? Do i have an option checked that's hindering performance? should i check an option that may increase performance or change something?
Not that I've seen, no. Sorry. :-\

All I can say is make sure you're not running anything else on your computer that could be taking up CPU cycles, like music playback, video playback or maybe some programs doing stuff in the background. Other than that, not much more you can do there.

You said you tried 3 rendering threads...did you try 2?

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
2 gives me less FPS but i tested at the PS2 configuration/bios screen and 3 threads seems to give me the most FPS i can get. any more or less decreases my FPS AND emulation speed sadly.

And there is literally nothing what-so-ever taking up CPU besides the game. When the game is paused and looking at task manager my CPU idles at 0% and shoots up to about 25% or more when i unpause it
You know you can skip booting into the PS2 BIOS when you want to play a game, right? Just click on 'Boot CDVD (fast)'. Also make sure you do all your testing in-game, not in the PS2 BIOS. Smile

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
then, that's probably the maximum limit of your hardware.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I've tested in-game too and i yield same result with thread rendering number and it seems 3 gives me the best FPS. At the least my GPU is 4x faster than my CPU in terms of 3D rendering and i usually use the fast boot by default
Not much else that can be done then. Sorry! I'd say you should download something like Process Explorer to make sure that your CPU isn't doing anything else significant while you're gaming. I prefer Process Explorer over Task Manager because it's color-coded and gives WAY more information. Also it's a stand-alone app, no need to install it like other resource managers.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games