XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hey!
I've installed this in my machine when it has windows 8 and it was working everything just fine.
Today i updated my machine to Windows 8.1 and tried to install it but no luck
This is what shows up when i try to install it:

Quote:SCP Bluetooth Driver Installer 1.0.0.103 [21/10/2013 13:56:24]

Detected - Microsoft Windows 81 Pro (6.2.9200.0 AMD64)
Selected DEFAULT configuration.

INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x103)

Install Succeeded.

-- Install Summary --

Sponsored links

Hi Scarlet & everyone else:

Trying to get this to work on some old dell laptops (d630 & e6400) running XP & Win7.

please add the following device id's:

USB\VID_413C&PID_8140 -- DELL Bluetooth Module 360 (BT 2.0 + EDR)
USB\VID_413C&PID_8156 -- DELL Bluetooth Module 370 (BT 2.1 + EDR)

maybe there should be a pop-up that tells you that your device is currently not supported.. and maybe an option to submit dev ids to a specific email or online form (less tedious than signing up to a forum (:.

Cheers!
(10-20-2013, 01:28 PM)dallonz88 Wrote: Edit~ I found another dungle (Bluetooth 2.1) which appears in the compatible devices list, but after a clean installation it seems it's everything the same... I don't know what to do next...

Sadly, I don't know how to check if the BT v2.0 dongle supports EDR, same with v2.1, but I'm sure all BT v3.0 and v4.0 supports EDR. If you installed the ScpDriver correctly (checking the "force install" option of course) then maybe it is just that you need to manually start the ScpService (SCP DS3 Service); you do so by right clicking the task bar, then go to administrative tools, then under the "services" tab there is a "services" button, click it, look for "SCP DS3 Service", right click it and choose "stop" or "start" (There is an image in post #1561, pag 157. That image shows where do you will find the "SCP DS3 Service", but it doesn't show the service because an issue with that user (existingdark) installation).
If I remember correctly, to pair the controller with the BT dongle you need to connect both to the pc via USB, then stop "SCP DS3 Service", then start it again, after that disconnect the USB cable from the pc and press the ps button, the controller red lights should blink until got the bluetooth connection, that moment only one red light should stay on and without blinking.
Hope this helps.
I'm not a programmer or anything like that btw, just an enthusiast Xinput Wrapper final user.
(10-21-2013, 07:00 PM)laurorual Wrote: Hey!
I've installed this in my machine when it has windows 8 and it was working everything just fine.

Were you trying a 'Force Install'?
Anyone else getting BSoD which points to ScpVBus.sys?
I dont have the bluetooth driver installed, as I use the USB with the controller.
[Image: Ln1fe6c.png]
(10-21-2013, 11:58 PM)Huesoman Wrote: Sadly, I don't know how to check if the BT v2.0 dongle supports EDR, same with v2.1, but I'm sure all BT v3.0 and v4.0 supports EDR.
I need to check... Let's see what I will find...

(10-21-2013, 11:58 PM)Huesoman Wrote: If you installed the ScpDriver correctly (checking the "force install" option of course) then maybe it is just that you need to manually start the ScpService (SCP DS3 Service).
The service is running fine, in fact I can use my joypad when USB connected...

(10-21-2013, 11:58 PM)Huesoman Wrote: If I remember correctly, to pair the controller with the BT dongle you need to connect both to the pc via USB, then stop "SCP DS3 Service", then start it again, after that disconnect the USB cable from the pc and press the ps button, the controller red lights should blink until got the bluetooth connection, that moment only one red light should stay on and without blinking.
I'll do some test with the manually switch of the service...

(10-21-2013, 11:58 PM)Huesoman Wrote: I'm not a programmer or anything like that btw, just an enthusiast Xinput Wrapper final user.
I am, but it's not that much helpful =/
(10-22-2013, 12:49 AM)TesseractE Wrote: Were you trying a 'Force Install'?

nop. i was trying to install just like i've installed on windows 7
but i will try to instal with this option here.
(10-21-2013, 07:00 PM)laurorual Wrote: Hey!

it worked for me on Win8.1 without using force install. Did you try plugging it in via USB when installing the SCPDriver?
Hello,

First of all, many thanks to Scarlett.Crush for this great tool, the best ive ever seen.

I wanted to drop by and share a solution to a problem that keep me busy for many hours, after installing driver nothing would happen, no bluetooth connection, no usb connection

after long browsing i stumbled upon this great solution, basically just hit properties in exe files and click unblock,

install drivers and you should be good to go!

Best Regards!
(10-23-2013, 06:27 PM)eD1s0n Wrote: it worked for me on Win8.1 without using force install. Did you try plugging it in via USB when installing the SCPDriver?

yes, my DS3 was plugged in when i tried to install it.
i've tried force install but no luck Sad

EDIT: somehow i've managed to make it work
i uninstalled all drivers related to my DS3 and Bluetooth and rebooted my PC
then i let windows install its own drivers by it self and then i tried to install this app
somehow it worked Tongue2

now i just need some help to do the same with my DS2 (plug in and automatically recognize as x360 controller)
can someone recommend me some way to do this? (motioninjoy and x360ce didnt work for me)