XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Driver installs fine and shows it connected over bluetooth. I can rumble the left and right motors and stop them. Then when I try to test the controller inputs using the program in the x64 folder nothing works. Is it my bluetooth device? I tried the alternate blutooth driver as well, same results.

Edit: I can't get it to work connected through USB, nothing happens in SCPServer.exe or SCPMonitor.exe

When I try and connect it through bluetooth this is what it looks like but on the rumble test works.

Edit2: It's working over USB after reinstalling the driver, but still no BlueTooth and it looks like the same picture uploaded as before. My BT dongle is a USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001 so it should work shouldn't it? If anyone can help it would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit3: Apparently I have USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134 which is different and doesn't support EDR. Guess it needs a new dongle, well at least USB is working now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

For some reason SCP DS3 Service won't let my computer sleep or activate screensaver, it keeps my computer awake.

For a while now I had this issue and I always suspected a driver was to blame. So I decided to investigate when I recently reformatted, reinstalled Windows 8.1 Pro, updated, installed everything (drivers, runtimes, chrome, etc.) and I noticed my computer had no problem activating sleep mode or turning on the screensaver. As soon as I installed SCP it stopped working.

I went into services.msc and deactivated the service (SCP DS3 Service), and everything worked again. I reactivated it, didn't work. I've tried everything I could to fix this but for some reason the service will NOT let my computer sleep.

I'm using the latest version (175), Windows 8.1 Pro, did not install bluetooth.
(06-28-2015, 09:56 PM)Hyori Wrote: Eureka! I got mine working!

Unfortunately the name fix was not enough. Appearently a fake controller will not respond to the standard "Set Feature Report", so it has to be changed slightly to account for this.
I followed the steps made by Report Fix and got it woking!
My approach for the device name problem was to change the name verification to use the "StartsWith" method instead of a comparison.

I have uploaded the modified source code and compiled version:
Fake Controller Fix

Thanks for this - managed to get mine working over Bluetooth (I didn't even realise my controller was a fake until I read this discussion).

However, when connected, none of the LEDs light up. Everything else works fine, but I have no way of telling if it's connected at a glance other than looking at SCP Monitor. 'Disable LEDs' is unchecked. Any ideas how to fix this?
I have everything working fine, but I'm curious why my controllers don't say PLAYSTATION®3 in device manager like everyone elses? It also shows as an Xbox 360 controller in devices and printers
After driver install, etc Win 7, etc seems to recognize my PS3 Move Navigation controller as an XBox controller but GTA V does not acknowledge it's existence

Using it via USB

Please help!
so is this project dead? last update was almost year ago
So I've gotten my controller to properly talk to my computer through USB and Bluetooth using this method.

Although, a quick question: Do we need to set "ScpMonitor.exe" as a startup application within Windows? I wasn't sure if ScpMonitor needed to be running everytime I wanted to use my controller through Bluetooth. Or do I never need to actually run ScpMonitor again since I have it all setup? I'm on Windows 8.1, 64 bit.
no, there is a background service (ScpService) that is running all the time. Monitor is just a monitoring application
(06-23-2015, 11:16 AM)CRACING Wrote: Not the dll but its source you have to edit. Anyway, I have edited it for you. Check the attachment named ScpControl_00-98-53.zip. Its for you and contains modified ScpControl.dll. Replace the existing ScpControl.dll in SCP program folder to the edited ScpControl.dll. Once replaced, restart the scp ds3 service in services. Run ScpMonitor. Connect your controller to USB, make sure its turned ON and wait few seconds before unplugging. Once you unplug wait until those four blinking leds convert to one stable led or if all goes off, then something else is wrong.

Hope it works for you. Smile
Hi, thanks for your mod, unfortulately it still can't connect over bluetooth, I tried other ScpControl.dll but nothing works. My original controller works perfectly, so I want the same for my fake controller Wacko
(07-23-2015, 09:22 AM)Reebar Wrote: no, there is a background service (ScpService) that is running all the time. Monitor is just a monitoring application

Ah, ok gotcha.

Would you happen to know why my bluetooth link seems to eventually "break" after a few days? I've found that I get USB and bluetooth working (and it will work for a couple days over multiple computer restarts). But then usually around day 4-5, I'll go to turn on my controller (un-wired), and the lights will blink, but never connect to the bluetooth adapter. When I hook it up via the cable, it still all works.

I've found that I then just have to quickly go into the Zadig program and re-flash the bluetooth drivers, and it works again. It's just an odd behavior that the bluetooth connection only holds up for 4-5 days, then seemingly breaks for no reason.

Any thoughts?

Edit: If it helps, I'm using the Kinivo BTD-400 adapter. And I'm on Windows 8.1, 64 bit.