XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
'lo Scarlet. Just writing to ask right quick:

Is there any reason someone should upgrade from XInput 2.2.1.88 to the newer SCP Packages if they're not interested in utilizing Bluetooth, outside of the fancy new GUI? I've been trying to read through your change logs but can't ultimately determine what the current major benefits would be outside of compatibility with a larger library of BT devices.

I'm curious because... well, I'm interested in trying out the newer stuff, but I'm not sure if I want to risk losing DS3 compatibility with all the programs I've been successfully using your Wrapper with for it, as I've yet to come across any issues at all. For example does Pokopom still support the newer packages? Have the buttons and triggers changed layouts significantly from before? Stuff like that is what's keeping me on the fence between switching over.

Thanks in advance, apologies for taking up your time with stuff that isn't a work request or troubleshootin'.

Sponsored links

can u help me??
my ps3 controller messed up..

when i press L2 it pressed all buttons instead...

not only with pcsx with all games too

help me pls!!!
@P3TR05:
@DaRkGhOsT_TJG:
@TheBroCode:
@Bycrosser:
@thelicious:

added an update for your hardware ids, see Post #1.

@hoeboo: your hardware id is supported, can you do the following -

1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpDriver.log and ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

@Cloaky: the hardware id you provided does not look to be for a BTH dongle, Googling it indicates it is a USB HUB device. Can you recheck.

@GreyWS: press the PS button firmly.

@olverine: XInput only supports 4 devices, so you can't connect more than 4 DS3/X360s.
To wake a DS3 after an Idle Timeout - press the PS button firmly.

@Akovad: BTH 4.0 is backward compatible with all previous BTH versions, so yes it should work. Can you do the following -

4. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
10. Wait 30 seconds.

@DragonKing: FFXI uses DInput, the MS X360 drivers combine the Triggers into the Z axis. FFXI cannot use the Triggers as buttons.

@twistedties: BTH 3.0 is backward compatible with all previous BTH versions, so yes it should work.

@megajhonz: Gevaerd was using not using a genuine Sony DS3 which was causing his issue. Only genuine Sony DS3s are supported.

@dogslop: Can you do the following -

4. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
10. Wait 30 seconds.

@simphax: The compiled dll should work correctly in 64bit mode, the sample solution I posted targets "Any-CPU" [runs as 32bit on x86 systems, and as 64bit on amd64 systems]. Are you building separate binaries for 32bit and 64bit?

I have no issue with you distributing the bus driver.

Not sure what's going on with the reconnect connecting to a different controller id, will have a look.

@HolySt4r: shouldn't need to uninstall/install, Can you do the following -

4. Wait 30 seconds.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
10. Wait 30 seconds.

@anchanfx:
@OminaeYu:

The drivers do not connect to any external site. See Post #634.

@Polarathene: can't see the image in your post.

@ElHijoDelSol: main benefits are BTH Support and Native XInput support - no need to change if everything is working with your current configuration.

@Jacky: have you tried a pinhole reset of your DS3?
Hi there! Can you please add my bluetooth too please?! I find your installer very useful. Thanks for that! Here is my VID/PID:

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0724

Oh and, is there a way I can make the rumble feature functionnal just like in MotionInJoy? that's a feature that I really like to have.
Hello, i'm french so excuse me for my poor english :

Can you please add this bluetooth device ?
USB\VID_050D&PID_065A&REV_0112
USB\VID_050D&PID_065A

And i have a question, why in my "Game Controllers" pannel, i dont have the PS3 Controller visible ?

I have join print screen.

Thanks Scarlet for your good job.

EDIT : my controller is a Sixaxis
hopefully I posted the right zip files.
yes i tried every thing but the buttons still messed up Sad
Hello

I find it in its place to say thank you for using your time on something so contributing!

I`m experiencing problems however using latest version (1.0.0) of your wrapper and latest version of Pokopom (2.0.0) or if the version numbers were the other way around, been trying to wrap my head around this for too long today lol Tongue

The Xinput Controller Tester shows all input perfectly, all buttons are pressure sensitive.

But when I start PCSX2 and run the ELF, no feedback comes up.
I start MGS3, no buttons are working.. no go..

Tried Lilypad as well, it doesnt find the stick at all, no go.

I press and hold all sorts of combinations for the lulz of it, still no go.

I`m running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit on a Intel Quad Core, GeForce 460GTX, 8gb ram, all latest drivers, BIOS, all latest VC, Net Framework and all that stuff.
Xinput1_3 is in PCSX2 folder right next to Exe, still no go.

Also, in Devices and Printers menu, the Xbox 360 Controller is in the unspecified category, so I can`t assign it as prefered device.....

Have I missed something?
As far as PCSX2 and the forkload of plugins I tried are concerned: My DS3 is dead?!

Confusing!
That's odd, image seems to be working fine here, perhaps it's being blocked on your end for some reason. Have attached it via the board this time.
(05-06-2013, 01:56 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Excelsis: Now that 1.0.0.103 has been released I'm considering what to implement for future versions.

The biggest issue with X360 controllers is their handling of Triggers in DInput - they are both mapped to the Z axis (Z-,Z+) so only one can be active, and not usable as buttons in most DInput games.

What I'm thinking of doing is making the Virtual Bus capable of handling 3 device types, and being able to switch between them from ScpMonitor.
1. X360 Profile (current implementation).
2. DInput pad with Triggers mapped to separate axis (Z, Rz).
3. DInput pad with Triggers mapped to buttons.

I know that is a one month old post, but I'm still waiting patiently for this future update. It's probably the last step to making this driver flawless in basic functionality. I'm sure many people here are also waiting on the ability to play with digital on/off L2 and R2 with older games.