XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hey everyone - running screaming from Motioninjoy and having problems getting the bluetooth sync working for my DS3.

I was getting the Host: <error> with the latest release (until I noticed I could update to a higher revision); after doing that it populates the host information. Now when I plug the controller in, it shows up in SCPMonitor, but I can't get the controller to sync via bluetooth when I push the PS button.

SCPDriver and Server logs are attached, and any help you can have is very greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.zip   SCPLogs.zip (Size: 3,31 KB / Downloads: 118)

Sponsored links

@DuckerDuck: no plans to support the Move controller.

@RobDeBob: from the service log your dongle is not reporting any connection attempt on BTH. Sounds like one of the following -

1. DS3 needs to be reset. Try a pinhole reset.
2. Hardware fault on your dongle. Try shutting down your PC, unplug the dongle, wait 30secs, plug it back in, startup your PC.

@morethanawesome: unfortunately tour controller is not a genuine Sony DS3. From your log -

Code:
2014-01-22 19:40:21.808 -- Remote Name : 00:1E:3D:DE:F6:55 - PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller-ghic
(01-24-2014, 03:06 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @morethanawesome: unfortunately tour controller is not a genuine Sony DS3. From your log -

Code:
2014-01-22 19:40:21.808 -- Remote Name : 00:1E:3D:DE:F6:55 - PLAYSTATION(R)3Conteroller-ghic

Well, that's disappointing. I'll have to return and buy from somewhere else. Thanks! Smile
(01-24-2014, 03:06 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @RobDeBob: from the service log your dongle is not reporting any connection attempt on BTH. Sounds like one of the following -

1. DS3 needs to be reset. Try a pinhole reset.
2. Hardware fault on your dongle. Try shutting down your PC, unplug the dongle, wait 30secs, plug it back in, startup your PC.

The pinhole reset worked. Wow, I can't believe it was that simple. Thank you.
@Scarlet.Crush
Do you have any idea how to get around that 547 inputReportLength issue. It's reported by HidP_GetCaps native method

From MS:
InputReportByteLength:
Specifies the maximum size, in bytes, of all the input reports (including the report ID, if report IDs are used, which is prepended to the report data).
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
I have a question I have bluetooth and installed all the files here. The controller is seen when plugged in and works in games when plugged in..but....it doesn't work via bluetooth. I have a DS3 6 Axis. Is there a way for this to make it work?I even did the Zadig thing..=( I noticed that after doing this my BT icon on taskbar is gone. I am aware that this action makes it only use-able with the DS but its not working..

Log: http://pastebin.com/rnBBpRnS

In monitor & device manager I see this:

[Image: iFgizivpeNG2t.PNG][Image: ikyUwTeMQi2Mu.PNG]
@InhexSTER: It's possibly caused by the existence of another Report ID which is available via the interface, which has a different length from the 0x11 report. (possibly an audio report - since would expect an audio packet to be much larger).

Do you ever see any data in a report which is beyond the 79 byte marker, or a Report ID other than 0x11?

While doing my implementation I noticed the following - Initially the DS4 reports on Report Id 0x01 (17 bytes - reports only sent when a button or axis value changes). After the first Output report (0x11) is sent the DS4 switches to sending reports on Report Id 0x11 (87 bytes - reports sent periodically). There may be another Output Report Id which switches on more features and causes the input Report Id & size to change, or possibly if a headset is connected to the DS4.

@MonthOLDpickle: try doing a pinhole reset on your DS3.

Did you verify your BTH dongle with the Windows stack before installing the SCP Drivers?
Alright!

This works pretty perfect. I was trying the other DS4 Input wrapper, but constant issues and bugs, this one, simple, smooth, and worked instantly, just like with DS3.

Thanks SC!
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
New update released - 1.1.0.139 Added support for setting DS4 LightBar brightness. See Post #1.

Note : Slide to far left to Disable completely.
(01-24-2014, 05:38 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @MonthOLDpickle: try doing a pinhole reset on your DS3.

Did you verify your BTH dongle with the Windows stack before installing the SCP Drivers?

@Scarlet.Crush: I put a pin in my DS3, is it suppose to flash or anything? I did try it yesterday. Also I don't know what you refer to window stack but the driver is a Broadcom/motorola BT 3.0 radio of some sort.