XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hello,

i did everythink what was said in the topic and the controllers are working on my system if they are connected with a cable. but bluetooth is not working. it looks like they can connect to the bluetooth device, but the bluetooth device is not recieving any input. i am using windows 8.1 x64

i am using 2 dualshock 3 ps3 controllers. my bluetooth adaptor is in the supported list. usb adaptor VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134

Sponsored links

For those of you that happen to have multiple bluetooth adapters that are compatible I found you can install the driver manually rather than using the application.

1) Open device manager
2) Find the radio entry for the device you want to change the driver for
3) Right-click and choose update driver
4) Browse to the folder where the drivers are located at (ScpServer\bin\System)
5) Install the driver!

The system should automatically determine the proper driver in that folder and load it up. Once done the device should rename to BTH DS3 Device. In addition automatic pairing will work fine.

I already tested and verified.

With that in mind the ability to pick and choose in the installer itself would be very welcome.

EDIT: You do have to use the installer at least once and install the driver for the controller with the service at minimum. This sets up the controller part and gets the background service loaded. Just leave the bluetooth option unchecked so you can install it manually after.
Hi all,

I read this guide and went to buy this dongle. Turns out the dongle doesn't seem to work. I guess it's a new revision without EDR or something, the HW ID seems a bit fishy.

My DS3 works with USB cable, but if I connect it with BT it wont work. In SCP Monitor "BTH" is "None", so there seems to be a problem with the BT connection.

I would appreciate if someone could point out a working dongle from Deal Extreme (or some other vendor with low prices & shipping costs to Europe).

(06-01-2014, 04:32 PM)shinji257 Wrote: For those of you that happen to have multiple bluetooth adapters that are compatible I found you can install the driver manually rather than using the application.

1) Open device manager
2) Find the radio entry for the device you want to change the driver for
3) Right-click and choose update driver
4) Browse to the folder where the drivers are located at (ScpServer\bin\System)
5) Install the driver!

The system should automatically determine the proper driver in that folder and load it up. Once done the device should rename to BTH DS3 Device. In addition automatic pairing will work fine.

I already tested and verified.

With that in mind the ability to pick and choose in the installer itself would be very welcome.

This worked; it didnt at first, but after I followed it, followed the steps on the 1st post in this thread, and I turned off my controller/disonnected it, and turned it back on (I did that while it was connected to USB), it worked, I can use ti with my bluetooth dongle

I also request the SCP Driver Package Wiki link be included at the front of this topic, as it helped me quite a bit
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
(06-01-2014, 11:28 PM)OldMoldSnorter Wrote: This worked; it didnt at first, but after I followed it, followed the steps on the 1st post in this thread, and I turned off my controller/disonnected it, and turned it back on (I did that while it was connected to USB), it worked, I can use ti with my bluetooth dongle

I also request the SCP Driver Package Wiki link be included at the front of this topic, as it helped me quite a bit

Yea thanks. I forgot to mention that you should install the driver for the controller and the service via the installer first. Just leave the bluetooth bit unchecked.
i did everythink what was said in the topic and the controllers are working on my system if they are connected with a cable. but bluetooth is not working. it looks like they can connect to the bluetooth device, but the bluetooth device is not recieving any input. i am using windows 8.1 x64

i am using 2 dualshock 3 ps3 controllers. my bluetooth adaptor is in the supported list. usb adaptor VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134
Your particular adapter doesn't support EDR in full so it won't work for this task. You need to try to get a compatible bluetooth adapter that supports EDR.
But I do have a question; just a few minutes ago when I booted up my computer after I got back from work, I turned on my controller and the installing driver window thingy appeared; I skipped the "Check for driver from windows update" step, and let it install it as a USB input device; I did some testing with scp monitor on and it works alright still, but unless I make sure the monitor program starts when I log in, will it keep trying to install my controller's "drivers" like that?

Also, I checked and saw that I have a option to disconnect my "BTH DS3 Device" like any-other flash drive; I know I don't want it to disconnect, but if I accidentally it, can I reconnect it somehow, or should I do a re-login to my comp profile to reload the device
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
Is there a way to connect my DS4 automatically to my pc from reboot?

It works perfectly wired, however on reboot, trying to connected via blue tooth is always unsuccessful

The only way for me to connect it wireless is to uninstall the driver, service ect.., then run the zadig program and reinstall the preset for the DS4, then install the service ect.. like normal. On reboot, the controller doesnt connect and I have to restart that entire process again.
I had to upgrade from XInput Wrapper after losing some information to an HDD crash, and I'm kind of curious if the current iterations of the wrapper need SCPServer.exe run manually before the controller (and its driver) are detected properly.

It just seems odd and feels like a bit of a downgrade when the controller doesn't isn't detected and begins to function normally the moment you plug it in (as it did back when it was just the Wrapper), but maybe this is just typical behavior of a fresh installation and I'm just missing some steps.