ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
ZeroGS has not been touched in years so the one you had is still the latest. Except if you mean ZZOgl
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

ZeroGS it is
it is quite disappointing that it is been dumped
hi there, if there a way to fix the problem in god of war 2 about the lights not doing alpha well or whatever, and instead of doing tranparency with the 3D, it does with the 2D background hence cutting the scene? (tried every hack with no success)

the only way to make it "almost" playable is to activate alpha hack with F9 during the game (activating with the menu doesn't work) but still affected in some points like when figthing the colussus to the get the sword.

background above the 3D (problems with Z axis?)
[Image: pantallazoventanasinttu.th.png]

edit: forgot, i'm ussing linux x86 and fglrx 11.4
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3500MHz (250x14 @1,347v) 2500MHz HT/CPUNB
COOLER: Cooler Master 212+
MOBO: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO - - - RAM: 4x2GB kingston DDR3-1333 8-8-8-20 1.5v
VIDEO: ATI™ Radeon™ HD 6950 (6970 Bios MOD)
HDDs: 4x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (Raid 0) (see link)
hi, i found a problem with zzogl and the nvidia 270.41.06 linux driver with a gf7800gtx.
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/br...te.cpp#381
glGetStringi = (PFNGLGETSTRINGIPROC)wglGetProcAddress("glGetStringi");
return a nonzero value but
glGetIntegerv(GL_NUM_EXTENSIONS, &max_ext);
fails (i guess as there is no opengl3 context?) so it ends up finding 0 extension
@laharl2k, I do not think anyone is improving zzogl for the moment.

@CME, first upgrade you drivers. I will check the context stuff with SDL code Tongue2
(05-14-2011, 01:55 PM)gregory Wrote: [...]
@CME, first upgrade you drivers.[...]
this is the latest driver Tongue

and maybe just put the glGetIntegerv(GL_NUM_EXTENSIONS, &max_ext); before the if statement and check if max_ext is not 0? :V
maybe downgrade it Tongue2

Yes that was my first idea. But it would be better to properly create a 3.0 context. Maybe it can solve some issue in GLSL too.
CME,
I commit a patch to properly create an opengl 3.0 context. Can you check out the branch and tell me if it works fine. If you have still the same error, I will change the if statement.
Code:
svn co http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/linux-gsopen2
Note, you must take both plugins and pcsx2 from this branch.
(05-14-2011, 10:30 PM)gregory Wrote: CME,
I commit a patch to properly create an opengl 3.0 context. Can you check out the branch and tell me if it works fine. If you have still the same error, I will change the if statement.
Code:
svn co http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/linux-gsopen2
Note, you must take both plugins and pcsx2 from this branch.

it fails to compile with
Code:
[ 88%] Building CXX object plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/CMakeFiles/zzogl.dir/GSmain.cpp.o
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:66:22: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp: In function ‘void GSsetGameCRC(int, int)’:
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:186:23: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:188:32: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp: At global scope:
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:311:16: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘GSopen2’
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp: In function ‘void GSmakeSnapshot(char*)’:
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:404:100: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects argument of type ‘long int’, but argument 4 has type ‘u32’ [-Wformat]
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp: In function ‘void GSvsync(int)’:
/home/cme/Downloads/linux-gsopen2/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/GSmain.cpp:528:40: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
make[2]: *** [plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/CMakeFiles/zzogl.dir/GSmain.cpp.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/CMakeFiles/zzogl.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
but changing the line with the error to
Code:
s32 CALLBACK GSopen2( void* pDsp, int flags )
it will compile fine... but it fails with
Code:
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZogl-PG: GSinit finished.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen.
ZZogl-PG: Using ZZ Ogl PG (Debug) :0.3.0.
ZZogl-PG: Creating ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG:  Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG:  glX-Version 1.4
ZZogl-PG:  No Direct Rendering possible!
ZZogl-PG:  0 supported OpenGL Extensions:

ZZogl-PG:  glewInit() is not ok!
ZZogl-PG:  *********
ZZogl: ERROR: Need GL_EXT_framebuffer_object for multiple render targets
ZZogl: *********
ZZogl-PG:  *********
ZZogl: OGL WARNING: Need GL_EXT_secondary_color
ZZogl: *********
ZZogl-PG:  arbvp1 not supported.
Ah completey forgot about CALLBACK/EXPORT interface.

Quote:ZZogl-PG: No Direct Rendering possible!
Anyway, in this case it failed to get a proper context. Did you have a similar issue with the trunk. If yes, check direct rendering in glxinfo (you must take the 32bits version on 64bits system)