dx10 on xp
to be truthful. I switched to Windows 7 to take advantage of DX10 on my 8800GTX, and I have noticed a loss in performance whilst running FFX.

It's a shame, but its definitely had a negative impact on the performance of the emulator. That being said though, the graphics provided by DX10 on gsdx are SOOOO much better. No more of that polygon mashing, and texture clipping. Although, some characters have lines down their faces, but thats a minor issue only noticable when the game is rendering the high end face models.

should probably mention that Im running 32-bit Windows 7.

The slowdown is counter-acted by the speedhacks available in the latest beta.

although, I think that having only 2 GB of ram is hurting the emulator as well. I might have to upgrade to 4 gb.

Sponsored links

FFX is one of the games where i lose FPS compared to windows xp/w2k3 the game is really fast anyway so it shouldnt matter, other games benefit a lot from DX10 very noticeably thou.

(06-01-2009, 11:53 PM)tenow Wrote: There is no difference between Vista and 7 in emulation speed except the situation when AERO is turned on and you're playing in window (who would ever do that?), scince AERO was optimized in 7
Actually it depends on what build of windows 7 you are using. The 7057/7068 increase a bit of cpu/mem (even PS 2.0 but shouldnt matter for DX10) speed which translates in speed for cpu limited games while the rc (7100) lost this, seems to be speedy again in the 7127 tho (havent tried the 7137).

And uh lot of people use windowed mode to play with Aero even Tongue
I've noticed a loss in performance in general after switching to Vista from XP Pro SP3, emulation also. It was 64bit and there was lots of problems with compatibility. PCSX2 and Dolphin worked fine, but with loss 5 - 10 fps on ZeroGS, while GsDX was a little faster.. up to 5 fps. So is it really that better?
CPU: Amd Phenom 9550+ [Quad Core, 64bit]
RAM: 2x2 GB OCZ 800
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 4670 [DX10.1]
Mainboard: Gigabyta GA-MA790X
DX10
There's games that go from unplayable to full speed as there are games that dont change much, I guess it depends on what games you're using as it's possible your games wont really benefit from it.
(06-02-2009, 12:05 AM)dark king Wrote: you can not work direct x 10 on xp

There are actually two popular unofficial methods for getting DirectX 10 to work on XP. 1 method is free but creates a bunch of problems for some people, the other is done much better and allows you to revert back to DirectX 9 any time, but it's not free like the first, more untrustworthy method.
Of course it's better to just get Win7 anyway.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(06-02-2009, 10:47 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote:
(06-02-2009, 12:05 AM)dark king Wrote: you can not work direct x 10 on xp

There are actually two popular unofficial methods for getting DirectX 10 to work on XP. 1 method is free but creates a bunch of problems for some people, the other is done much better and allows you to revert back to DirectX 9 any time, but it's not free like the first, more untrustworthy method.
Of course it's better to just get Win7 anyway.

There's also the side effect of none of these methods actually working because DX10 relies on coding that XP simply doesn't have so...yeah.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(06-01-2009, 11:53 PM)tenow Wrote: There is no difference between Vista and 7 in emulation speed except the situation when AERO is turned on and you're playing in window (who would ever do that?), scince AERO was optimized in 7

*points to self* I hate the basic theme lol
so i got win 7, but now i can ever get pcsx2 to work, none of the pulgins will work
(06-03-2009, 01:00 AM)luffyhill27 Wrote: so i got win 7, but now i can ever get pcsx2 to work, none of the pulgins will work

Maybe telling us the error pcsx2 outputs would be a little more helpful?
None of the plugins working is actually impossible,so my first guess is GSdx needing you to update directx (yes you need to do it in win 7 too)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
pcsx2/pc settings?

also, are you running it as administrator? (you'll need to unless you disable UAC (I'm sure 7 still has that pain of a security feature.