[edited] Gran Turismo 4 doesn't require a monster CPU and OCing!!!
(08-15-2012, 05:01 PM)kokoblokoz Wrote: Used your settings, no difference on my system. Also used a ton of other settings, but without success. I get slow-mo while racing and the game is really blurry on any de-interlacing setting.

GT 4 PAL

CPU: i7 [email protected]
Ram: 6GB 1333Mhz Triple Channel
GPU: 6870 1GB

Im getting the same problem :/

CPU: i7 2670QM @ 2.20
Ram: 6GB
GPU: geforce gt540m

Sponsored links

Today you can run GT4 on pretty much any system. The problem is that there is a lot of conflicting configurations. I created a new thread for this game especially for this game to run the game correctly and I also include a special shader to make the game look fantastic. No more dark screen in 480p. Go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Gran-Turi...#pid291868
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Not that it's not a nice thread you made there, but reviving >1 year old threads for promotion is kinda overkill Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Bositman,

I'm simply trying to help people and share the joy of playing GT4!
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
(04-12-2013, 04:34 AM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: Bositman,

I'm simply trying to help people and share the joy of playing GT4!

Then do it.
...instead of spamming links to your thread all over the forum, reviving pretty old threads by doing so .

thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Anyway, I'm not sure of what is meant by "great framerates", if it any below (or above) 60 FPS for NTSC, that's... bad, more yet in racing games. People say the game demands powerful CPUs because is not enough to have great framerates but being able to keep steady nominal TV standard RR values FPS.

I never found a game to which MTVU helped, but then I don't have many games and never got the chance to test with the Phenom II before, Bulldozer seems to dislike it, but just supposition yet, since the dependence on games.

All in all, is fact that the emulator is in active development and the requisites of today may be not the same tomorrow.

As general rule, simulators are naturally demanding on the original system CPU, more yet on emulation, join this with possible optimizations killer games at some stage of development and you have a non behaving game. Sometimes is enough to correct whatever was causing the emulation hindrance and the performance in the particular game or group of games rocket up even if/when the general performance do not improve much.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-12-2013, 06:10 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: All in all, is fact that the emulator is in active development and the requisites of today may be not the same tomorrow.

Eventually with the improvements in technology it will be as easy as running a gameboy emulator lol
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
I think racing games don't need a monster cpu to run.it needs also huge gpu power also.because i can run racing games in software mode with normal speed.but they're unplayable in hardware mode,because i have integrated gpu.some examples of my games are-NFS Underground,Midnight Club 2,GTA-Liberty City Stories!!!
(04-12-2013, 05:36 PM)Preet Wrote: I think racing games don't need a monster cpu to run.it needs also huge gpu power also.because i can run racing games in software mode with normal speed.but they're unplayable in hardware mode,because i have integrated gpu.some examples of my games are-NFS Underground,Midnight Club 2,GTA-Liberty City Stories!!!
Those above aren't simulators Smile but then I'm not sure if GT4 is only a racing game or if it's a simulator as well. In the end that's moot also for the problem in there is not just greater demand probably but something in those games which makes harder their emulation.

PS: To have an idea of what I mean by simulator in this case. The whole thing involves a lot of calculation, the engine power, it's torque and rotation, the gears relation, the brake and tires type and condition, all that affecting the cars behavior at the track (yes, it does the same for the adversaries also, human or AI). join together the track local condition also, how "aggressive" is your direction over the general car's state, for if you abuse throttling and braking that affects the tires, the brake and even the engine condition and then making the car more unstable.

Even at the ideal car's condition, the game calculates how you entered the corner, the tangent point, the speed and so on. Even a small touch at another car or obstacle might and will affect it's frame and then it's stability and general condition also... As you see, a lot of things being calculated all the while needing to show the actual race.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-12-2013, 05:56 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Those above aren't simulators Smile but then I'm not sure if GT4 is only a racing game or if it's a simulator as well. In the end that's moot also for the problem in there is not just greater demand probably but something in those games which makes harder their emulation.

PS: To have an idea of what I mean by simulator in this case. The whole thing involves a lot of calculation, the engine power, it's torque and rotation, the gears relation, the brake and tires type and condition, all that affecting the cars behavior at the track (yes, it does the same for the adversaries also, human or AI). join together the track local condition also, how "aggressive" is your direction over the general car's state, for if you abuse throttling and braking that affects the tires, the brake and even the engine condition and then making the car more unstable.

Even at the ideal car's condition, the game calculates how you entered the corner, the tangent point, the speed and so on. Even a small touch at another car or obstacle might and will affect it's frame and then it's stability and general condition also... As you see, a lot of things being calculated all the while needing to show the actual race.

so u trying to say that GT4 need lot of power for emulation.btw all are racing games listed above expect GTA-Liberty city Stories.i don't think GT4 need different level of power for emulation.i'll try GT4 tommorow & tell u about results.i'm pretty sure it'll run same as games listed above.whether it's a simulator or not,i don't care!! Smile