.hack series crash in all games
Just a quick post to note that Infection (dot hack part 1) is now fixed of the crash. Screenshot of first screen beyond the point it crashed in before attached to this post. I will spend some time playing the game now to see how it runs.

And how appropriate the screenshot is Smile.

Game doesn`t run at the best speeds 35-40 fps, but beggers cant be choosers and I`m just happy that the game runs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Old habits die hard - System Shock

Sponsored links

What the.... Omg, Icemann, which pp are you using?
(12-21-2008, 04:09 PM)mewster Wrote: What the.... Omg, Icemann, which pp are you using?

Compile any playground revision from r454 or later. All 4 games (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine) are now playable. The only bugs encountered have been the loss of analog stick movement if you load a savestate and some occassional slight gfx issues (black character faces in one scene early on for example). Other than that I`ve played 2 hours of the game and it runs more or less fine.

In town the speed is only between 35-45 fps on my pc with all speedhacks enabled. Everywhere else your looking at roughly 50 fps or more. This varies from area to area however.

The point is that all 4 games are now fully playable and that is grounds for celebration in my book Smile. If you compile the latest revision of playground you get a fix for Gran Turismo 4 as well so even better Smile Smile Smile.
So the .Hack games still work after the GT4 fix?
I couldn't test those Tongue2
(12-21-2008, 05:45 PM)rama Wrote: So the .Hack games still work after the GT4 fix?
I couldn't test those Tongue2

Honestly haven`t tried with that revision. I`m playing on r463. But I`ll post here soon as I have.
Quick post to report that the GT4 fix caused no adverse effects with the dot hack games. Tested infection with both my current save (5 hours play time) and a new game and was able to login to the "the world" successfully both times with no issues. Now to go test GT4 Smile.
Yeah!!!! I was waiting this moment since i bought Infection 4 years ago (lol, i LOVE savestates)
Now just the GU Volumes to go Tongue2
Note to all that from playground revisions r547 and up the dot hack games crash again. Though these are random crashes that occur in both the town sections and during dungeons. Had 2 crashes happen on me in the last 30 mins.
Damn, then it got brocken with hack games again at some point. I guess that's why saving different builds is better than to replace Tongue2.