[macOS] P.R.O.M. - PCSX2 Running on Mac (64-bit & Now runs on Catalina!)
(07-09-2019, 01:25 PM)firelad97 Wrote: Hello all!

Of course, today is my first post on this forums as well as my first day of this new account. Regardless, I want to present the new wrapper created for PCSX2 to work properly on Mojave and possibly above. I only tested this on Mojave 10.14.5, so I have no idea if it works below that since the wrapper is ran on 64-bit wine engine instead of 32-bit. I also have no idea if this also will work on Catalina beta, either... and I probably will not test it on Catalina for now. And of course, this port isn't perfect but it works.

And yes, I've tried options here on the forums to get PCSX2 work on macOS, such as PCSX2-CE. Just didn't work as it should for me. And indeed, since Mojave is the last OS to allow 32-bit applications and Catalina no longer allows 32-bit, I've created wrapper to work with Mojave and above, so... HA IN YOUR FACE, APPLE!

P.R.O.M. - PCSX2 Running on Mac
Created by Amarante (firelad97) - Current version: 1.01

This wrapper is intended to work on 64-bit versions of macOS, including Catalina!
Should work on 32-bit versions of macOS as well since the wrapper itself runs on 32-bit version of Wine.

Download PROM v1.01 here!
DMG Installer 3 GB on Mega

Old version is also available here.

Screenshots:

[Image: PS4b12b.jpg]
PCSX2 1.4.0, running .hack//Infection (USA), on Catalina 10.15.2

Make sure to drop your BIOS files inside PCSX2/bios folder found in your Documents folder (not inside package contents!) after launching PROM.

WARNING: DO NOT SELECT OPENGL, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE, FOR GS RENDER!! This possibly will crash PROM or will not load games at all. This is due to the removal of OpenGL support on recent macOS versions.

Installing PROM
  • Download the DMG installer, linked above.
  • Extract PROM <version>.app anywhere, although one of Applications folders is recommended.
  • Open it. A first-time configuration should run. When it does, new folders in your Documents should be created.
  • Move your BIOS files to ~/<user>/Documents/PCSX2/bios.
  • Proceed with first-time configuration.
  • On plugins page, click 'configure' for SPU2.
  • Confirm that module is set to Portaudio. (should be automatically set for you, otherwise change it)
  • Click 'OK', and then click 'Apply' to save your settings if you changed the module in audio settings.
  • Continue with the configuration as it is.

Updating PCSX2
  • Grab the portable version of PCSX2, and extract files accordingly to:
  • ~/<user>/Documents/PCSX2
  • PROM <version>.app/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/PCSX2 (right-click the app and click 'Open Package Contents')

Changelog

v1.01 - Added DirectX 9, 10, and 11 versions
         - Now runs on Wine32on64 version, now works on Catalina as intended
         - First-time configuration now opens by default when running for the first time

v1.00 - Initial version

Known Issues / FAQs
  • Q: I got the error message saying PROM is damaged or that it should be moved to the Trash.
  • A: This is due to how the security works on Mac computers, known as Gatekeeper. Do as follows below:
  1. Open terminal.
  2. Enter this command to disable Gatekeeper:
    sudo spctl --master-disable
  3. Enter your computer administrator password when prompted. It hides the password for security reasons.
  4. Open the app and click 'Open' when asked if you're sure.
  5. It is safe now to close the app, and then enter the command to re-enable Gatekeeper.
    sudo spctl --master-enable
  6. The app should open normally now.
  • Q: The app won't open at all!
  • A: This might be related to Gatekeeper, but more complex than simply disabling Gatekeeper. For this, you will have to reboot your computer into Recovery OS.
  1. Reboot the computer. Hold COMMAND+R as soon as it starts up, and release when the apple logo and loading bar appear.
  2. In Recovery OS, it will ask you to log in using your computer account. Do that.
  3. Click 'Utilities' menu on the toolbar above, and then click terminal.
  4. Enter the command to disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) and rebooting the computer afterwards:
    csrutil disable; reboot
  5. Once computer finishes rebooting, try opening the app now. It should open just fine.
  6. Optional: However, if you want to re-enable SIP, you can reboot into Recovery OS again and enter the following command:
    csrutil enable; reboot
  7. This will re-enable SIP and then reboot the computer for you.
  • Q: The app froze on the first-time configuration window and won't proceed to next screen!
  • A: Force-quit the app using the "Force Quit..." via apple logo menu. Re-open the app and it should open just fine. This is one-time issue.
  • Q: I've tried the solution above but it kept hanging/freezing.
  • A: Someone found the workaround to this, and you might as well try this. Go to PROM.app/contents/MacOS and open WineskinLauncher. The solution I'm referring to is here.

If there are any issues associated with the wrapper… please let me know as soon as possible and I will do my best to help you out. Smile

Sponsored links

Hi,

First tnx.. for the wrapper and devs for great emulator!

I'm using DX9 plugin from 1.4 version in 1.6 - for geting hardware directX renderer Wink
Hope that this hellpsWink

Sorry for the messy post above Wink
Hello everyone again...

I apologize once again for the lack of updates. I can promise you one thing: this one will be a very slow development as compared to other builds. And since I'm not literally a developer, I only work on a build for a workaround you guys can use. PROM is not literally a native app, but rather an "emulated" app that can run PCSX2 right out of the box.

And now I can say this: I've decided to do PROM in a different way. I've been thinking and thinking that it's probably a good idea if I host PROM on GitHub instead, where people with better experience can contribute. However, this means I'll have to compile a very different build for legal reasons. I will put all of my time into this today and tomorrow. All I can hope right now is to be done with it by tomorrow, then I will update the first post. I will update you guys on the progress if I didn't make it tomorrow for the new update.

I hope all of you understand. Thank you! Smile
Happy to announce that PROM is now on GitHub. I get notifications easily on there for all updates to the repo, and that I felt I should be putting the PROM.app in there as well so more experienced people can help updating it. The link is: https://github.com/firelad97/PROM-PCSX2-Running-on-Mac

Version 1.1.0 beta is out as well. https://github.com/firelad97/PROM-PCSX2-...1.1.0-beta

This new version will test to see how things go. Installation is different now. It's found in the Wiki tab. Hopefully, it will fix most of issues all people are having.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I won't abandon this thread completely. I will continue to maintain this thread when I can, but slow. To get a fast response, try reporting an issue on the GitHub repo.
I downloaded PROM 1.1.0 beta but when open it i get this error "Error while writting file: The folder “exec895291333.bat” doesn’t exist."

I'm running mojave 10.14.6 on:

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
20 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2 GB

any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. tia
I have followed all the instructions and have gotten PROM setup and running on my MBP 2018 running 10.15.5.

Whenever I go to launch a game though I get the following 2 error messages:

[Image: 4eX235Q.png]

[Image: 42DZaYQ.png]

When I click ok, PROM quits.
What do these errors mean and how can I go about fixing them?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sad.

I really wish the PCSX2 developer team would build macOS as well as PC. I guess they don't. Very sad. I guess I will go back to Windows PC. There are several emulators for macOS but macOS seems to be unpopular those days now at least for emulators.
(06-09-2020, 11:21 AM)azoreseuropa Wrote: Sad.

I really wish the PCSX2 developer team would build macOS as well as PC. I guess they don't. Very sad. I guess I will go back to Windows PC. There are several emulators for macOS but macOS seems to be unpopular those days now at least for emulators.
The problem is developing for MacOS is very limited since Apple "Jail" their system and don't let dev communities work on it.
That's a very protective way of thinking, but also how Apple keep their system "safe". they don't allow random users/devs doing what they aren't supposed to do.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-08-2020, 05:49 PM)mules50 Wrote: I have followed all the instructions and have gotten PROM setup and running on my MBP 2018 running 10.15.5.

Whenever I go to launch a game though I get the following 2 error messages:

[Image: 4eX235Q.png]

[Image: 42DZaYQ.png]

When I click ok, PROM quits.
What do these errors mean and how can I go about fixing them?
Use WaveOut option in SPU2-X option
(06-09-2020, 05:05 PM)uyjulian Wrote: Use WaveOut option in SPU2-X option

Can you point me in the direction on where to make that change? I am fairly new to the PCSX2 scene. 
Edit:  figured this out

Good news, this got rid of the error message about Xaudio2 engine.  But I am still getting the Wine C++ runtime library error.