nvidia linux tester wanted
svn checkout https://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/gsdx-ogl-wnd

Then just build it, and run PCSX2 from a terminal. All extensions detected will be printed.

Sponsored links

(05-31-2013, 03:31 PM)gregory Wrote: svn checkout https://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/gsdx-ogl-wnd

Then just build it, and run PCSX2 from a terminal. All extensions detected will be printed.

This really makes me want to dual-boot Windows and a Linux distribution. Not sure which one is best though in my case.
(05-31-2013, 03:31 PM)gregory Wrote: svn checkout https://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/gsdx-ogl-wnd

I'm instaling the missin libraries I will take long, sorry.
It looks like mesa driver will eventually be the way to go for fully functioning system. It needs the hardware acceleration files though.

To add it looks like AMD 7850 doesn't have anywhere near the functionality of 6000 series and less. Apparently they build a new driver and so far it has no acceleration and can only have opengl 2.1. With fglrx almost broken for this series I will be downgrading to 6850. I would stick with my GTX 550 Ti but I changed my TV screen after my recent fire to HD type which my 550 ti doesn't support.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Quote:This really makes me want to dual-boot Windows and a Linux distribution. Not sure which one is best though in my case.
Why?

Quote:I'm instaling the missin libraries I will take long, sorry.
Don't worry I won't hold my breath Wink

Quote:It looks like mesa driver will eventually be the way to go for fully functioning system. It needs the hardware acceleration files though.
Actually it already work better on AMD hardware (albeit probably slower).
Quote:Why?

I've been thinking about installing Ubuntu or possibly Debian. I just want to see how well PCSX2 performs on another platform (compared to Windows).
badly Wink You will be dissapointed
Quote:I've been thinking about installing Ubuntu or possibly Debian. I just want to see how well PCSX2 performs on another platform (compared to Windows).

Well...Linux version compared to Windows is not so good yet but that is rapidly changing. Smile The biggest reason is we have no HW mode for gpu acceleration. All we have is SW mode.

It seems the free drivers will hopefully pave the way for better functionality.

I have been dual-booting for several years. I would recommend Ubuntu over Debian for first time user. Debian is very minimally installed, requiring you to put more effort into getting the packages and programs you want. Ubuntu puts everything on a silver platter. Tongue

When it comes to what type of Ubuntu, the main difference between them all is the desktop environment. I personally prefer XFCE or MATE (rebranded Gnome 2) over KDE and Unity. MATE comes standard in Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu). Just experiment to see what works best for you.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(05-31-2013, 06:02 PM)gregory Wrote: badly Wink You will be dissapointed

I thought you of all users would be more encouraging Tongue2.
Tongue2 There are plenty of reason to switch to linux. Having better perf on PCSX2 is not yet a good one Wink