optimizing Persona 4 to it's very best
PCSX2 version? What settings? Is there any kind of error shown in the pcsx2 console/output window when the crash happens?

If you're running from ISO try running it from the original disk with Gigaherz's cdvd plugin. If running from the disc try making an ISO of it and running it from there with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(06-12-2010, 07:23 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 version? What settings? Is there any kind of error shown in the pcsx2 console/output window when the crash happens?

If you're running from ISO try running it from the original disk with Gigaherz's cdvd plugin. If running from the disc try making an ISO of it and running it from there with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin.

hmm the version is the latest PCSX2 0.9.7, and by settings what do you mean? and there is no error for pcsx2 shown, a microsoft window comes up and says " pcsx2-r113.exe has stopped working", and when it crashes pcsx2 reads: fps 81.75, EE63%, GS 4% and UI 0%, and i tried the different cdvd plugins it crashes either way.....
Hi, I have been playing Persona 4 on PCSX2 0.9.6, but I have a problem. When I want to go in town, the menu to select location is "dead". The school is selected and none of the button can naviguate between them.

This is the second time I encounter this problem, the first was in Persona 3, in which the bug was in the menu to select a skill to erase (during a lvl-up). It was annoying, but the game could go on.

I'm afraid I couldnt find any report of this bug which was answered.

Edit: nevermind, i'm an ass, I should just changed the controller plugin. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, iakoboss.
why dont you try on 0.9.7?
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Hi, can anybody post a good PCSX2 0.9.7 configuration for Persona 4? I've the following:

DX9
GSDx 3068 SSE2 0.1.16
SPU2-X in Async mode

Clamp mode to None for VU and EE
Round mode at Chop/Zero
Flush and Denormals are checked for VU and EE
No frame skipping
D3D Resolution 1024 x 1024 ( doesnt affect speed even if reduced?)
8-bit textures off
Texture filtering, Logarithmic Z enabled
All minor speedhacks enabled
Major speedhacks - cycle stealing in VU and EE - disabled ( dont seem to work for this game)

My machine:
Dell Inspiron 9400
Intel E6600 2.10 Ghz Dual Core
Nvidia N7900 GS 256 MB
1 GB RAM

With these settings, I get 60 fps in limited areas like the home etc. where you don't have much going on in the background. In Junes Food Court, however, it drops to 30 fps. Battles can chug along at 35 fps or go slightly better at 45 fps, depending on the monster and numbers.

Understandably, given that Persona is not the most graphics intensive game, the EE utilization( seen in the title bar) is always topping out at 98-99%, while the GS hardly ever goes past 40%. Is there any way to "transfer" the unused utilization over? Is it because the EE is assigned to one core, the GS to another, and there's no way for EE to take up the utilization GS is not doing?
(07-03-2010, 08:39 AM)shiroryu Wrote: Is there any way to "transfer" the unused utilization over? Is it because the EE is assigned to one core, the GS to another, and there's no way for EE to take up the utilization GS is not doing?

Yep, pretty much.

You can try changing the sound plugin to P.E.Op.S or ZeroSPU2 but I don't think there's much more you can do unless you overclock your CPU (the E6600 should be 2.4Ghz by default so it seems you're currently underclocking it), I think you get a boost by using DX10 too but that's not possible with your card.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-03-2010, 08:39 AM)shiroryu Wrote: Hi, can anybody post a good PCSX2 0.9.7 configuration for Persona 4?
I'm looking for the same thing. What are the optimal settings for running Persona 4?
I need a bit help getting the Persona 4 frame rate up. It usually decreases during battles to 15-10 at the lowest, and when I am close to a monster. It was fine when I used to play it on windows vista but after I moved everything over onto windows 7 things slowed down quite a bit.

My emulation settings are default with linuziso and I'm using version 0.9.7

Computer specs below:

Manufacturer: Dell
System type: 64 bit
Processor: Intel core i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.60GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Video Card: ATI mobility Raedon HD 4650

I'd appreciate any help or advice I can get. =)
It's totally dependent on you machine specs, the optimal settings are always the best possible performance with the minimal speed hacks with the best visual feeling (eyecandy) in this order.

To find 'your' best settings:

- remove all speed hacks and test the internal resolution that gives you the most performance or what you deem acceptable (it may be the native in that first step)

- Now begin to play with the speed hacks, begin with those marked as recommended, one at a time and check in game, it it does not enhances anything you don't need it,
afterward is time to try the sliders, begin with the EE cyclerate at the next notch, check how it changed things, if you get some enhancement but it's not yet enough, try the VU cycle stealing, always one step at a time... if not enough still move it another step... test again, attention because it may introduce lag in certain game negating the apparent FPS output (still it may be better than the raw fps lack)...

- rinse, repeat.

Once you got the maximal/acceptable performance, you can try enhancing the internal resolution and that may not impoverish too much the performance achieved.

That procedure applies to each and all games, there is no such thing as the better configuration for everyone/everybody/every machine yet.

PS: if some speed hack does not gives immediate advantage one should consider letting it off if the overall performance is acceptable, if at some passage in game things worsen it's time to try those speed hacks still not applied.
Imagination is where we are truly real
PCSX2 doesnt run good on Netbook Computers so dont expect much...
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!