optimizing Persona 4 to it's very best
Has anybody tried the very latest SVN GSdx plugin? It sounds like it might fix the rainbow floors problem...

I'm at work right now but I'm going to go home and compile it...

Sponsored links

it working great with the new pcsx2. i have the pal version so its only 50 fps. but i got one issue when walking trough your house and in town.

here
yea, at those places it shows a bit sps, but not always, I don't think it is a gsdx error. (ralph9994: just noticed the screenshot "here", that's fixed in the svn build)
I have some problems with the slowdowns.

I am currently at the Kanji's bathhouse and every fight has a slowdown. In some fights the fps I get range from 45 to 56-58 (this is tolerable) and in some of them it's from 39-40 to 51 (this becomes very very annoying because the screen starts to blink like hell and my eyes start to hurt lolol). I also had similar slowdowns in Yukiko's castle. Only fights with normal FPS were first few fights (mysterious silhuete from the dream, first two monsters that attacked me and Yosuke's shadow). I'm using Pcsx2 Playground 1.0.0395 with these settings
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/a...ttings.jpg
except that I'm using gsdx 1.4 and "nearest" for the vu recs roundmode.

A also tried the game (but only the first dungeon, Yukiko's castle) with Pcsx2 720 I found on this forum and it was also slow in the fights...

Can I fix those slowdowns somehow?

btw. my PC
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz
GeForce 98000 GT 1 gb
4 GB RAM
Win XP 32-bit
Wabius:
Use the latest beta of pcsx2. We fixed a slowness problem that triggered in Persona4 (and Tekken5) some time ago.
Playground release still has that problem.

Oh, and get rid of vuskip, you don't need it and it causes more trouble than it fixes.

Edit: You don't need any hack for that matter. Default pcsx2 settings will play this game fast on your rig.
(03-28-2009, 03:32 PM)rama Wrote: Wabius:
Use the latest beta of pcsx2. We fixed a slowness problem that triggered in Persona4 (and Tekken5) some time ago.
Playground release still has that problem.

Oh, and get rid of vuskip, you don't need it and it causes more trouble than it fixes.

Edit: You don't need any hack for that matter. Default pcsx2 settings will play this game fast on your rig.
Thank you for reply.
I'll try it. Smile
btw. with them new beta you meant that I should get the latest version here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
and than use it with pcsx2 0.9.5 or I should also use the newest pcsx2, the 0.9.6 version?
Download 0.9.6 and extract/install it,then follow the beta installation instructions in that thread
[Image: newsig.jpg]
anyone know how to fix the flickering/flashing textures during some of the dialogue parts?

first screenshot is what its supposed to look like and second screen you can see the messed up textures on the door in the background, during the scene it constantly flashes back and forth to normal and messed up

ive tried messing around with different settings and nothing seems to fix it at all...i think i tried running it in dx10 software and that actually got rid of the problem but the game doesnt run too well so not really a good fix...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The persona engine has a few path3 masking issues left (you'll get missing geometry like this occasionally).
But if software rendering really fixes this issue for you, then this is a normal case of imprecision messing up the graphics.

In both cases there's not much to do, and common, you can live with that, can't you? Tongue2
well just finisihed persona 4 (ugh what a sad ending... Sad )...the fmv and all char sound is somehow not is should,
while playing with 0.9.6...! and try again with latest beta...! it all nromal...!!!!

fps drop happen while fight with yukiko and naoto shadow...Wacko also in some random battle...Angry (not happen to much while in random battle)

overall it's playable...! and the best part is my pc is a low end pc...Tongue

nb : sory for bad english Tongue2
Excl...................Tongue