using Seed hack is good thing?
The most effective hacks just make the emotion engine (ps2 main cpu) slower.
Since its now slower, your pc has it easier Tongue2

Sponsored links

after testing, software mode actually runs faster with HT off. Only 3 threads instead of 7 usable.

with an i7 you shouldnt really have to use speedhacks for most games based on what ive tested. i dont have SotC so maybe its a lot like GBA3, get your hands on a beta version that has cycle steal hack and try that out.
CPU : i7 4930k @ 4.0GHz
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8x8GB 1603MHz 1.60v
GPU : Asus R9 290X 4GB
MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme IV
OSYS: Windows 10 Pro
(05-23-2009, 07:14 AM)unauthorizedlogin Wrote: after testing, software mode actually runs faster with HT off. Only 3 threads instead of 7 usable.

with an i7 you shouldnt really have to use speedhacks for most games based on what ive tested. i dont have SotC so maybe its a lot like GBA3, get your hands on a beta version that has cycle steal hack and try that out.

I wonder why that is? Seems odd that it would run faster on less threads.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Hyperthreading might be poor with SIMD instructions, that used at least on each recompilled op. Hyperthreading is good when x86 assembler instructions does not load whole core. I guess that SSE2 ones are not such simple as usual MOV or ADD one.