who r u people......????
Quote:We am spase peepole.
apparently we are illiterate as well
[Image: 1454055.png]

Sponsored links

(07-19-2009, 05:04 PM)luckysingh Wrote: hey. hey....

what r u talking abt. agent or something... i want to know abt the people who devote their time for us i am just doing my graduation ok. i want to know people like Jake Stine as he told us what he do.i want to be a programmer as well thats why i am asking.. and Jake Stine how can u code even without formal education.. and thxx for the wonderful work....
(07-18-2009, 09:24 PM)Ryongster Wrote:
(07-18-2009, 06:22 PM)luckysingh Wrote: i want to know abt all of u ur names,age,profession,qualifications, who brought u together

He's a government agent, or he's sent by Sony's black ops team.

and u .....i am not asking abt their location ok..i am using pcx2 when its just boot up the bios and that abt 1-2 fps...i just want to know how its boost up 100 fps..means who deserve the credit...

I think Jake's first advancement in learning to code was maybe typing the right way Smile learn to type
(07-19-2009, 08:18 PM)sc10e Wrote:
(07-19-2009, 05:04 PM)luckysingh Wrote: hey. hey....

what r u talking abt. agent or something... i want to know abt the people who devote their time for us i am just doing my graduation ok. i want to know people like Jake Stine as he told us what he do.i want to be a programmer as well thats why i am asking.. and Jake Stine how can u code even without formal education.. and thxx for the wonderful work....
(07-18-2009, 09:24 PM)Ryongster Wrote:
(07-18-2009, 06:22 PM)luckysingh Wrote: i want to know abt all of u ur names,age,profession,qualifications, who brought u together

He's a government agent, or he's sent by Sony's black ops team.

and u .....i am not asking abt their location ok..i am using pcx2 when its just boot up the bios and that abt 1-2 fps...i just want to know how its boost up 100 fps..means who deserve the credit...

I think Jake's first advancement in learning to code was maybe typing the right way Smile learn to type

Teaching yourself to code really isn't too difficult. Understanding how the program itself works is comparatively much harder, but still something that is usually self-taught.

No university I know offers a course in emulator design (though it would be awesome), so there really isn't any other choice but to teach yourself.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
The internet is a mighty tool, and Google is my Oracle of Information.

I started with reading library books when I was like 8, but I wouldn't recommend that to anyone today. Most modern programming books (anything since about 98) are fairly worthless crap and almost never cover anything you can't learn yourself by studying a combination of programming forums and open source code. If you do get a programming book, go for something totally basic (if you need basic). The basic coverage books are ok. Anything touting itself as intermediate or advanced is just throwing time and money away.

Getting college level programming books can also be helpful -- at least they aren't nearly as worthless as your mainstream commercial grade fizzpop at the local bookstores or libraries -- but beware knowing too much theory and not enough practical programming knowledge or experience. Good code is 60% "code management", 20% understanding underlying memory performance factors, and 20% "technical procedure." People who focus solely on technical procedure will tend to write functionally correct code which is, unfortunately too slow to be of much use, and entirely incomprehensible and unmaintainable by both themselves or other potential contributors.

Also be weary of the code maintenance recommendations of college professors. For example, a professor favorite tends to be recursion: Recursive code is clever and fun to teach apparently, but it's often slow and hard to maintain in the long run. Recursion has its uses, but it's usually best kept to only those situations where it's particularly well suited (And where alternatives are particularly less well suited). Furthermore, programming curriculum still tends to do a porous job of instructing effect code commenting. Code should almost always be commented in "overview of a block" style, and not in a line-by-line fashion. Having a block of comments at the head of a function or an if() conditional that describes the operation being performed is useful. Having a comment on each line that just re-states the obvious is just extra noise that clutters code and makes it hard to read or modify.

Bottom line: The best way to learn good programming practice is to pick up a couple open source projects that you find interesting, and study the code. Pull up the MSDN and read through technical articles. Join CodeProject and Flipcode and just read forums, and try to soak in what you can (and just cheerfully ignore stuff that's over your head, otherwise you'll get discouraged).

Now emulation is a different beast. Many emu programmers I've met seem to have a pretty good understanding of circuit-board level hardware technicals (which is something I generally lack). They have a better grasp of chip design, microprocessor theory, and machine code -- things which are very useful in understanding how to emulate a system, but aren't really related to mid/high level programming. Those things do seem to be well-taught at many colleges, and likewise online reference material is sometimes hard to come by.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I love your english dude. Thanks for appreciating the people we appreciate. Laugh
Thanks for the relatively indepth description Air. Good to know the pcsx2 devs arent just robots Smile
thxxx Air... thx very much i always wonder how i can be a high level programmer. well i guess its ur interest and ur own ideas who can make u better.well can u help me telling some good books u read or another source code project which i can study as u tell us.....
There's way too many possibilities in open source for me to make a suggestion, really. I could make some suggestions on what to avoid at least:

* Anything written by the GNU developers.

I don't mean things under the GPL, just stuff by GNU. Reason is because the GNU projects tend to be focused on things which are complicating and not relevant to 95% of of us: command line oriented apps that are compilable and runnable on machines from 1983 and 2008 alike. So GNU projects are typically filled to the extreme with compiler ifdefs and out-dated approaches to GUI programming (because to use newer coding practices would cause problems compiling the code for legacy operating systems).

For that matter, most fully-cross-platform open source apps are terse, and probably should be avoided unless you're already an expert coder.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
ok... but can u tell me what language ur expert in now......???