..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Number of Cores vs. GHz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
...full results:
Stock CPU, stock GPU 279fps
OC'ed CPU, stock GPU 352fps
Stock CPU, OC'ed GPU 287fps
OC'ed CPU, OC'ed GPU 362fps

AMD Phenom II 955 BE stock @ 3.2GHz, OC'ed @ 3.8GHz
AMD Radeon 4870 512MB with DualSlot stock cooler stock @ 750MHz/3.6GHz, OC'ed @ 850MHz/4.1GHz

on Windows XP SP3 32bit with ATI Catalyst 9.7

Cheers...
i dont think i can push my any more Tongue
...nice!

Cheers...
no wait, i did with dx9, max was 405 but i didint manage to catch it with screenshot.
is this BIOS running by runb_> execute? or some luaniching with deamon by linuz iso? wanna try benchmark like this ;p
Oh well, seems I picked a pretty bad benchmark Tongue2

All settings must be the same. If you'd use ZeroSPU2 instead of SPU2-X for example, you'd gain fps already.
Also I bet different BIOS versions are different speeds. The worst thing though is that this scene does not use the VUs, explaining why the Phenoms actually perform Tongue2
ok i see it, its run bios, but it never goes over 60frames, proceseor set to normal. Any ideas how disable limit?
Press F4 while it runs. If that doesn't help, check if vsync is turned off.
(09-17-2009, 06:06 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, seems I picked a pretty bad benchmark Tongue2

All settings must be the same. If you'd use ZeroSPU2 instead of SPU2-X for example, you'd gain fps already.
Also I bet different BIOS versions are different speeds. The worst thing though is that this scene does not use the VUs, explaining why the Phenoms actually perform Tongue2

did i just heard a sound of phenom II slapping E8400 in a face with a dead fish? Tongue
Sigh, we were talking about a build in benchmark for pcsx2 before. Sadly the BIOS doesn't work too well.
If someone knows a ps2 demo in .elf format, that uses 3d, please share it here Tongue2

Edit: The demo needs to use the VUs! Check the console if there's any mVU cached programs message Wink

nataq01:
I already said it was a bad pick for a bench. You have different settings than me, I'm sure of that.
Also this screen shows the ps2 doing nothing. It's limited by how fast the counters code runs. (Not a good test Tongue2 )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10