..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gigaherz's FMVTool2 (yes, v2!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Does it extract any fmv from Dance Dance Revolution X2 (US) PS2? I'm searching for the generic bg video from it.
Hi, it seems that your tool has an important bug when extracting videos.
It extracts files starting by the LAST sector instead of the first.
I have checked your source code and it seems you "push_back" in your ItemList items whose sector is filled by the "sector" variable which contain the ending sector at that time.
It has been so long since I translated the code from VB6 to C++ that I don't even know how it was supposed to work... XD
I'll try to take a look at it, but I think more people would have complained if it was so broken... it has had nearly 3000 downloads ;P
You were right. There was a bug as you said. I have commited the changes and uploaded a release build of Alpha2, linking to a recent build of the pcsx2 libs.
Thank you a lot. Just my 2 cents: I had some problem compiling your source code since it heavely depends on sources from pcsx2. Having a more "self-contained" source code would be great.
I know, but I didn't feel like making a copy of all the libs and required files. I could add you as a commiter to the project if you want to work on it. I lost interest in the tool a long time ago ;P
I'm the member of a romhacking/translation group which translates games (mostly jRPGs) and we are moving on PS2 games. I was searching documentation on the PS2 hardware and common file formats. Modding your tool would be a good starting point for producing programs to assist our work. Unfortunately, there is still lack of a good debugger/disassembler for PS2 games Sad.
The tool could do with bugfixes and improvements. There's a preview feature I had planned but never got around to coding, and maybe support for automatically processing the video streams to properly extract the audio from them, or other file formats, or game-specific encryption/compression. Just tell me your google code account name, I'll add you to the commiters list.
There is PM for you Smile
Done. Whatever happens to the code from now on, it's Calivi's fault. ;P
Pages: 1 2 3 4