..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [LIST] Games that don't need a strong CPU to emulate!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
That list seems quite outdated, would be better if it had some fps near the game title and pcsx2 version used, as in current PCSX2 some of those games are slower and more demanding actually, while others decreased their requirements alot. Also I don't understand limiting to cpu models, as some people OC, others underclock. Requirements could be based on some general cpu benchmark(maybe on ps2 bios?Tongue) then underclocking new pc's could help add to the list.

To add to it from myself:
-Budokai Tenkaichi 3 PAL(1&2 need a bit more and ntsc versions are around 20% more demanding) - fullspeed with ~1.7ghz Athlon II on PCSX2 0.9.9 r4832, standard settings, only recomended speedhacks, youtube link with core temp showing load here. Additional info describing the movie - yeah it's 3 core cpu, but that third core wouldn't really matter if the system was clean after restart, without xxx programs in the background running +recording.
Gauntlet - Dark Legacy
Main room is slow but every world so far is 200FPS or higher for me, so like 100FPS in a 2GHz Pentium Dual-Core? Tongue2

Also Mushihimesama and pretty much every other 2d Shoot-'Em-Up?
On low grade systems, if you use Windows XP insted of 7 will PCSX2 benefit in performance?

Eg I remember when I had an Athlon X2 64 processor and tested Bsnes on Windows Xp 32-bit and 7 64-bit there was like a 10 % fps difference in favour of XP.
depends on the game, some games are much faster in DX10, so you'll be missing that for example.
I was looking for a list like this considering I am running a pentium dualcore e2180 at 2.3ghz its overclocked with clockgen. Gpu is a gts250 and I am running windows 7 32bit sp1 with 3 gigs of ram. Grandia 2 and 3 are both playable for me along with final fantasies x and xii. this way without any speedhacks enabled once i enabled some speed hacks the games run at a constant 60fps for me. I am in the proccess of trying some other games on here as well so I will try to post more games that run for me once I test some out.
when i try use bt3 it work good my proceecer is 2.3gpz
So what would be the most demanding game? MGS3 or ZOE2 in SW mode?
This is a thread about the LEAST demanding games, so your post is off topic.
well, it'll at least let people know to stay away from those games
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Which-gam...full-speed
Again, this is for people to know which games to try and not which games NOT to try.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22