..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 0.9.7 beta released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(06-04-2010, 08:39 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your insights (and exclamation marks), haxor.
I'm sure you've seen all the posts in which we state that the VU skip hack will not come back.
Right besides those posts you can also find the reason why frame skipping works so bad on a PS2.

So in conclusion (again): We won't "fix" VU skip, it should never have existed.

I didn't really read the forums before I signed up a few days ago !! .. So I donno .. but ..

It's ok !! .. I guess I'll have to do the hack myself again !! .. I made it work once .. I'm sure I can do it a second time !! .. It's just a bit of work reading into the new code and change it !! .. I'm running a low end PC .. so .. I'm a 'speed over precise emulation' type .. but I'll not forget to fix all relevant graphic bugs !! ..

Til then !! ..
(06-03-2010, 07:20 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]It's "still in the works", sorta. Actually we're a bit baffled what's wrong Tongue2

unless an SVN has fixed the cDVD issue all I can say about it is that it sees only one cDVD each time it runs, so maybe having it recheck and reload the cDVD when it's swapped might help? (like having it recheck the elf file)
my question is are we gonna see the set of betas released periodically like in autumn 2009 or we will have to wait several months for next public release?
well i think the 0.9.8 needs only the new gui to finish be fully implemented, stable and with everything working + to fix some major bugs probably, i would say september maybe Tongue (totally my opinion/speculation)

and also probably there will not be an other beta cause the diagram says 0.9.6 --->0.9.7--->0.9.8 (1888 probably released as a final old gui release) [still my opinion...]
wen u guyz relees 1.0??????????????
(06-04-2010, 07:52 PM)Idec Sdawkminn Wrote: [ -> ]wen u guyz relees 1.0??????????????

in 10,4384893274 years exactly Tongue

read the rules you must not ask those questions

as for as we are just saying our opinions without bothering the devs (or we try Tongue )
I know. It's just...talk of 0.9.8 already. 0.9.7 just came out. I haven't been here that long and already I'm getting tired of the number of release date requests and the justifiably irritated responses the admins/mods/devs have to give. It isn't very appreciative. Not that you, iakoboss7, are requesting release dates or being unappreciative.

On that note: WOOOHOOO! 0.9.7 is released!!!!!!!
Wow this beta is significantly better than the previous version.
I don't have a dual core processor but the speed up and comparability is absolutely astounding.
I got more than double the stable frame rate I used to on the old version.
you guys are amazing. i really wanna say that Laugh keep up good work!
I can set full screen mode in prefs but it does not remember it. It always starts in window mode. And it does not switch resolution. Is this a bug?

I also have massive slowdowns in Gradius V almost right at the beginning of the game. Never experienced this in 0.9.6 - it worked almost perfect. I tried some speedhacks, disabling vsync, etc. but it does not do anything. Any idea?

----------------
M2N-E Mainboard
2 GB RAM
AMD64 Athlon X2 4200+
Radeon HD 2400
all built into an arcade cabinet... Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22