..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tekken 5 works slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(08-11-2010, 08:05 PM)Cyphox Wrote: [ -> ]GSdx is the graphic plugin you're using

go to the plugin-screen (config -> plugin/bios selector)

first: in the "GS"-dropdown menu select the gsdx sse4 plugin (as you have an i3 that supports sse4, afaik)

second: click the "configure"for the GS-plugin and make sure the renderer is set to "directx10 (hardware)"

is this OK?: [Image: 95850669.png]
click "native" you'll see a speed boost then
set the renderer to directx10

and yes, tick "native", otherwise you will have a few thin vertical black stripes over the screen. (at least i have them, dont know if this happen in every config)
DX10 will have those stripes (last I checked) DX9 doesn't
(08-11-2010, 08:12 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]click "native" you'll see a speed boost then

(08-11-2010, 08:15 PM)Cyphox Wrote: [ -> ]set the renderer to directx10

and yes, tick "native", otherwise you will have a few thin vertical black stripes over the screen. (at least i have them, dont know if this happen in every config)

I did have black lines and a bit from the botom of the screen was missing but now it's cool, but something happend to the quiality, and now the game is a bit faded !!!!and the speed still stinks!!!!:

[Image: 88431477.png]

BTW: I hade to chose from a couple of directx10/11 I had:
Directx10/11 (Hardware) - WHAT I CHOSE
Directx10/11 (Software)
Directx10/11 (Null)

Did I chose corectly?
(08-11-2010, 08:27 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]DX10 will have those stripes (last I checked) DX9 doesn't

just checked with dx9, still stripes for me.

@opeller
give the new beta plugins a try, you can get them here.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

just extract them and copy them into your plugins-folder (usually c:\program files\pcsx 0.9.7\plugins)
(08-11-2010, 08:33 PM)Cyphox Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2010, 08:27 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]DX10 will have those stripes (last I checked) DX9 doesn't

just checked with dx9, still stripes for me.

@opeller
give the new beta plugins a try, you can get them here.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

just extract them and copy them into your plugins-folder (usually c:\program files\pcsx 0.9.7\plugins)

tryed it... still slow!
I have this game aswell...Keep in mind that Tekken 5 is a video card dependant game as far as framerate goes. Cpu speed doesnt matter much for this game..

On that note, I have a HD4850 video card which is not state of the art by any means, but it is alot faster than your card [4850 is slightly faster than a GTX 260].

In Tekken 5 on some stages I get 47-51fps, and my card is overclocked. So if I have framerate issues on a more powerful card you will get them to [30fps for your card@1024x1024 sounds about right]. I do run my internal resolution at 1100x1100 for this game though. That resolution removes the black stripes. If I were you I would try any even number resolution to fix the black stripe issue. And I would start with 1100x1100 and work your way down until you find a framerate you are comfortable with.

1000x1000 should work, 900x900 etc. 800x800 or 700x700 would likely give you a decent framerate on your video card. Also keep in mind that on a few stages [only 1 or 2] that with these resolutions you will still see a odd looking bar to the left of your character...But its not really noticable and its not black. If anyone knows of a fix for that then post it.

If you are still not happy with your framerate, I would look into buying a new card. The GT 240 was never considered a fast card compared to other offerings when it came out...It wont give you a great framerate in pcsx2 with a decent internal res [on video card heavy games]. And newer games its not that great either. Your Cpu is good though as is your ram...You could overclock your cpu to 4ghz pretty easy for a very fast cpu. But yea your video card is holding your system back 100%. Replace that with something decent and your system will run pcsx2 without a prob and newer games would run great aswell.
this may be true (not being a fast card) but it should still blow mine out of the water, there's an idea.. post your PC power settings in control panel
(08-11-2010, 09:02 PM)petepiate Wrote: [ -> ]I do run my internal resolution at 1100x1100 for this game though. That resolution removes the black stripes. If I were you I would try any even number resolution to fix the black stripe issue. And I would start with 1100x1100 and work your way down until you find a framerate you are comfortable with.

hell yeah, fiddled around a bit, its the horizontal resolution whats causing the stripes. playing now at 1200x1600 internal res, looks awesome and NO STRIPES. Blink

thank you, sir!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8