..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: low FPS issue....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello ... well im new to pcsx2 .... im trying to run killzone on my pc .. the specs are as follows :

intel Dual Core CPU E5500 2.8ghz
intel DG43NB board(intel X4500 graphics chipset)

2GB DDR2 RAM
win 7 32 bit

now the ps2 bios spash and logo runs fine giving me a good 30-60fps ... in DX9 hardware and software mode .. but whenever the game starts after the killzone logo in the bottom left .. the FPS drop to 2-3 fps .. what am i missing ? .. im running the GS plugin with native resolution have tried DX9 software and hardware mode .. is this pc good enough for killzone ? ... please help
it's the graphis chipset, you will need a new graphics card for it to work well. (either that or play with the resolution, LOWER than 512x512 (which WILL make things a little blocky)
thanks for the quick response Smile ...mm yeah i had the same guess. ... what card would be good enough to play kz at a decent 30fps at native resolution ?
eh.. I'm using an 8600 GT 512 it works well for just about every game. and I only spent about $60us for it
You need to set the "skipdraw" hack in GSdx to 2 to avoid most of the slowdowns, then use the "Native" Checkbox since you have a slow graphics card but I'm afraid it may not be enough anyway.

The recommended cards for PCSX2 are at least a nvidia 8800GT or 9600GT or anything higher than those.