..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Im playing MGS3 with GSDX - Hardware mode...Is there any way i can improve lighting effects a little bit without sacrificing the framerate? Patch? Tweak? Plugin?
With Software mode is like on a real console but with hardware it looks shallow and without any post and particle effects...
Animus: Actually... it can often be quite the opposite. Yes, it takes less work to render those 10 frames, but that is actually one of the easiest things your PC has to do. That is render the final product.

Speed wise, the games I've tested pal versus NTSC, PAL games generally are less than 5% faster, but they end up overall rendering fewer FPS. Say you have an NTSC game running half speed, or 30fps. The PAL version may only get 26-27fps. That's technically over half speed, but you end up rendering fewer frames Wink
hi. i am new to MGS series, but i wanna beat every game before i buy ps3 with mgs4.
Could you advice me when i should beat MGS3? It set in the earliest time-line and basically is a prequel. or should i stick to the order of releases?

By the way, MGS 2 looks better than MGS3 Smile that is strange!
(11-25-2009, 06:19 AM)tohdom Wrote: [ -> ]hi. i am new to MGS series, but i wanna beat every game before i buy ps3 with mgs4.
Could you advice me when i should beat MGS3? It set in the earliest time-line and basically is a prequel. or should i stick to the order of releases?

By the way, MGS 2 looks better than MGS3 Smile that is strange!

You may want to start from 1 if you want to have a better understanding of the series.
1 is about solid snake, 2 is more about Raiden(not sure the exact spelling), 3 is about big boss, and 4 you will find out soon(I personally think that 4 is more enjoyable if you've played 1-3). I can't remember much in 1 since I played it like 10 years ago,but I don't think 3 has any obvious improtant connections to 1 or 2(in terms of story), so I think playing it at anytime is fine.
Actually... if you want a proper understanding of the series, you're going to have to go and play the MSX Metal Gear games. MGS1 is NOT the beginning of the metal gear story line, and if you're expecting it to explain absolutely everything you're going to be a bit disappointed (though it does have a lot of information to read).

MGS3 is probably more important to the storyline of MGS4 than MGS2 is... as such, I'd recommend playing them in order if only so that you don't forget some points from 3.
(11-25-2009, 01:46 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Actually... if you want a proper understanding of the series, you're going to have to go and play the MSX Metal Gear games. MGS1 is NOT the beginning of the metal gear story line, and if you're expecting it to explain absolutely everything you're going to be a bit disappointed (though it does have a lot of information to read).

MGS3 is probably more important to the storyline of MGS4 than MGS2 is... as such, I'd recommend playing them in order if only so that you don't forget some points from 3.

Well, those MSX games are way too old.....
I played a bit but couldn't take it
i've tried MSX emulators and could not figure them out! If you can advice me the good easy emulator and write me a few steps how to load rom, i appreciate you PM me! I know there is metal gear on NES, but i heard the story in this port was altered and not canonical.
what is the best advanced settings setup for subsistence?
(11-25-2009, 06:41 PM)CKL Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2009, 01:46 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Actually... if you want a proper understanding of the series, you're going to have to go and play the MSX Metal Gear games. MGS1 is NOT the beginning of the metal gear story line, and if you're expecting it to explain absolutely everything you're going to be a bit disappointed (though it does have a lot of information to read).

Well, those MSX games are way too old.....
I played a bit but couldn't take it

Well your not a true gamer then Tongue2. Gotta embrace the old with the new. The Subsistence versions of Metal Gear 1 & 2 are quite good and are slightly spruced up versions that feature MUCH improved english text, better controls (try playing the proper msx versions to see what I mean) and slight improvements here and there (ie being able to access the inventory even when in elevators).

While I found Metal Gear 1 on the overall whole to be an average game and one that requires a walkthrough to beat, the second game is ALOT better. Either way both games are worth playing.

Note that the PAL version of Subsistence doesn`t work (freezes at game menu screen in every test I`ve done of the game long before even playground even existed) for the 2nd dvd of the game. So you`ll need to play this on your actual ps2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14