..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
finished NTSC game (Subsistence) on 2186. No crashes. Few minor visual glitches here and there. Water still looks ugly and slow down the game a lot, but bearable.
All speedhacks work fine, EE sync hack could be set to x2. VU cycle stealing - i set it only to slight.

зы. yes Subsistence's versions of metal Gear 1 & 2 was very interesting.
I think they remade the graphics a bit. Anyway i enjoyed them very must. i've tried them on MSX emulator, but for some reason i did not like it there.
Congrats on finishing MGS3 and the 2 original games! You're now ready to jump into the newer stuff. As a LONGTIME fan (from the NES days), I'd like to make a recommendation.

Now that you've got the Big Boss/Snake story down, you're ready for MGS1 (you lucky SOB you!). However, instead of playing the original PSOne game, you may want to try "The Twin Snakes" version that came out for the GameCube. Its the exact same game, but with prettier visuals and play control similar to MGS3. Trust me when I say that its a chore to step down to the PSOne controls, especially if Snake Eater is your first experience with the series. You can emulate Twin Snakes with...oh, just search for GameCube emulator - it should run perfect since you could play MGS3 fine with your setup. Just a recommendation.

No matter which version you choose, you're in for a treat - enjoy!

P.S. - You might want to skip MGS2 altogether. Really. Some things, once seen, can never be unseen...
toolio20. i've played mgs1 and 2 already. Actually, MGS2 is my favorite game of the series Smile This is when all "illuminati"-stuff really took off and the story became more global.

The real question now is should i buy PS3 and play MGS4 or wait until MAY and buy PSP to play Portable ops& Peace walker first?
(01-10-2010, 07:40 AM)tohdom Wrote: [ -> ]finished NTSC game (Subsistence) on 2186. No crashes. Few minor visual glitches here and there. Water still looks ugly and slow down the game a lot, but bearable.
All speedhacks work fine, EE sync hack could be set to x2. VU cycle stealing - i set it only to slight.

Interesting. I am getting areas where the cutscenes are between 5 to 10 fps and major glitches too. Most play fine but a few are just terrible. I wonder if it's because you are using subsistence and a better Geforce card. I got a i7 920 at 4ghz and a GF 8800 running MGS3 from the essential collection. How are your FPS at grazni grad area?
Hey, I'm playing an EU copy of Subsistence and for some reason my game crashes in every cutscene and sometimes while changing areas. It just brings up a "PCSX2.exe has stopped working". My framerate is consistent most of the time apart from a couple of hiccups.

My PC specs are:
Core i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM @1600Mhz
ATi Radeon HD5870

And the settings I'm using for PCSX2 are:
Graphics
GSdx 890 0.1.14
With NLOOP hack, texture filtering, vysnc and alpha correction enabled.

Sound
SPU2-X 1.1.0
Interpolation: Linear
Module: XAudio 2 and 160ms
Time-stretching and Audio Expansion enabled

CPU
EERec settings are default, multithreading enabled
Frame limiting set to 'Limit'.

No patches enabled.
No game fixes enabled.
No speed hacks enabled.
All the EErecs and VUrecs are set to Chop/Zero and Normal.

I saw somewhere earlier in the thread a potential fix was to set the EErecs to Chop/Zero, but seeing as mine are already on that, I guess it doesn't apply to me.

Thanks for any help/advice, I'll keep fiddling and searching in the meantime.

Edit: Sorry, I really should have checked the rules, won't happen again.
Quote:ey, I downloaded an EU copy of Subsistence
Better read our rules first before seeking support, you just broke rule #1. Next time you'll get warned
I just thought I'd post this for the benefit of people who might have the same problem as me.

It seemed as though the problem was with the DX10 setting for my graphics, a quick switch to DX9 and everything ran fine after that.

Well, apart from the framerate slowdowns. I'm going to overclock my processor, 2.67Ghz doesn't seem to be enough even with a quad. Guess I'll push it up to 3.2 or something.
(01-04-2009, 04:26 PM)tenow Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2009, 10:16 PM)ohmc-Snake Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did it!!! I finished MGS3: Subsistence!!! PCSX2 PG is Super!!! Laugh
[Image: a672aa73a9d2.jpg]
Thats very nice, but we'd like to see your emu setup and PC specs )

please, as a tip, dont remove images from your quotes if you're not reffering to it. no reason to clutter up the page! plus it helps alot when connecting from a 3rd world country [like me]

thanks!
So, with the new PCSX2 version (BETA), for watch cut-scene and play without slow motion :

-Go to Config > audio > pluging > synchro mode : Async Mix

I searched one hour to find why the game RAM in cut-scene and some place in the game, and to try all the option, it was the audio that bug the game. So now, you can enjoy the best game of PS2 in your PC. Thanks PCSX2 team for the new version of PCSX2 .

Not sure but i must to do some test but i have the impression with all recommanded speedhack and "Vus > clamping Mode > none" the game is more fluid.

PiCh, the frenchman
(06-24-2010, 12:42 AM)pich Wrote: [ -> ]So, with the new PCSX2 version (BETA), for watch cut-scene and play without slow motion :

-Go to Config > audio > pluging > synchro mode : Async Mix

Thank you very much, dear friend! Thanks to you, I saved a lot of time and now I can play this great game! the dog was buried exactly in audio configSmile
All recommended speedhacks is "ON". Other settings is defaults.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14