..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: optimizing Persona 4 to it's very best
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
It could be your videocard overheating or something of that nature as I haven't heard anyone else having such issues.
(04-01-2009, 04:09 AM)dralor Wrote: [ -> ]It could be your videocard overheating or something of that nature as I haven't heard anyone else having such issues.

Were you referring to my post? If you're referring to me GPU's start to overheat at 120c+. You'll see artifacts and or lockups before that. Anyways I have both my GPU and CPU water cooled.
yup ive noticed that low fps problem with certain monsters too...been playing for 6+ hours now with no problems and getting 60 fps until i got to that boss fight on the 14th floor i think it was...during that battle fps dropped to 30s everytime the monster was on the screen...would be nice if this could be fixed somehow
I have big trouble in battle in kanji's donjon :/
my fps in battle are sooo low (about 35-40) altought it was 55-60 for battles in yukiko's castle :x
can anyone help me?
I'm using the last pcsx beta and plugins so I don't know what to do :/
(sorry for the english)
Yes I was referring to you becuase such a piture cold be taken as atifacting though with water cooling I doubt it is even remotely reaching temps where it should.
(04-01-2009, 07:05 PM)dralor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I was referring to you becuase such a piture cold be taken as atifacting though with water cooling I doubt it is even remotely reaching temps where it should.
I have seen some issues like that with artifacts but they are almost always spread out and visible in other areas too. This only happens with the cut scenes. Could it be a codec issue? Does PCSX2 use external codecs at all? I didn't think so but though it was worth mentioning. Thanks.
I I've seen stuff in about mpeg2 in the code but I'm not sure if it uses an external codec or one packed in itself.
I just tried persona after changing my amd 4400+ to 6000+ and I can say that outside the battle it's working at 45(in town)55-60 fps(all other places). However I have slowdowns at battles in Yuhiko castle(especially on higher floors). It's about 45 fps with all 3 speedhacks on, cycle x1 and with cycle x3 it brings only 3fps more. What problem for me is for example boss battle at castle because fps drops to 36-40. What is also strange is that it looks working faster with cycle rate x1 than 3 Laugh
I'm using newest plugins (graphic - gsdx) and pcsx2 0.9.6
Is there any way to speed up a little battles? And is that happening later in the game to encounter overall slowdowns?
My pc is not super high end however it should be enough to play comfortable 50+fps.
my setup:
pcsx2 0.9.6
speedhacks: EEx2 cycle rate, INTC, and IOP
CPU options: VU skip 60/55/0/2
advanced: DaZ, flush to zero

my system (pre-overclocking)
CPU:Q6700 2.67 Ghz quad
ram: corsair 2GB
video cards: 2x geforce 6800's SLI together

with this setup i was getting slowdowns (50-53 fps) in the first dungeon and in the shopping district. by upping VU skip, i could keep the sound normal but it would look horrible. reading here about CPU bottleneck i finally decided to learn how to overclock my system turns out it was as easy as pushing a button in my nvidia control panel. now my system runs stable at 2.99 Ghz and one of the main differences is that P4 now constantly hits speeds of 110% (64-66 fps) EVEN though i am limiting fps to 60. in the places where it would normally slow down, it does, but only to about 58-60 fps which is great.

i attached 2 pictures showing the differences in speed i get on one end compared to the other. (if the attachments work...)
random battles in the first dungeon are the same way, usually when 3 or more enemies, its at 58-60, otherwise 64-67
I'm not all-too computer savvy so I don't know my PC specs.. But if problems continue, I can assume that the problems are based off them.

Setup:

Graphics - GSdx 1168 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15
Resolution: 1152x864 60Hz | Renderer: Direct3D9 (Software) | Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0 | Interlacing (F5): None | Aspect Ratio (F6): 4:3 | D3D internal res: Native | SW rend threads: 1 | texture filtering, alpha correction (FBA)

Sound - ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6
Time Scaling, Real Time Mode

Controllers - LilyPad 0.9.9

CDVDrom - Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0

CPU
EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, Multi threaded GS mode
VU Skip (60, 50, 0, 2)

Speedhacks
x2 Cycle
INTC sync hack, enable IOP x2 cycle rate

Advanced
Round - Chop/Zero | Clamp - Normal, Denormals are Zero | Round - Chop/Zero | Clamp - Normal, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero

So basically, the sound is looping crazily anywhere between 2-5 times in random spaces in characters' speech and the speech is choppy. Characters' speech is incredibly slowed and background music is also slowed and choppy except for when it's changing to the next time of day. [Evening, After School, etc.]

FPS is going nuts, usually hovering around 20-30 (or up to 40 in some areas) but at game startup (before the intro) it will be as high as 60 or 70.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16