..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: optimizing Persona 4 to it's very best
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(01-10-2009, 10:19 AM)Silent X Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a quick question. Some places that I walk to in the game causes the camera angel to be sort of messed up and I can't see my character or where hes going. The first place this happens is at the entrence to Yukiko's Castle, the first dungeon or whatever. Once I walk onto the read stuff leading into the entrence the angle gets messed up and I just have to keep holding the control stick in directions until it says press X. Has anyone else had this?

If you look back in this thread someone already answered that. I think you disable a certain speed hack but tbh I don't remember.
Finally beat this game, gosh it must have taken a good 70 hours to beat
(01-10-2009, 10:19 AM)Silent X Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a quick question. Some places that I walk to in the game causes the camera angel to be sort of messed up and I can't see my character or where hes going. The first place this happens is at the entrence to Yukiko's Castle, the first dungeon or whatever. Once I walk onto the read stuff leading into the entrence the angle gets messed up and I just have to keep holding the control stick in directions until it says press X. Has anyone else had this?

i know what you're talking about. like Silent X mentioned, its one of the speed hacks. i think it was one of the "overflow and underflow" ones. i just turned everything off because the speedhacks seem to have negligible performance increases for me...
(01-17-2009, 05:03 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Chop/Zero on EE round mode?

Oupps, thanks for the information. It works. Blush
Elo... i was wondering if some one could help me out to optimize this game I'm currently using a
Processor 1
Name: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.40GHz

Processor 2
Name: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.40GHz

Im not quite sure how it works but its a Pentium 4 but its dual core or something
(thats where i get completly lost for the settings)

Nvidia 6800 ultra

1.2gb ram
also using the new playground emu
I found some good settings when i was trying to play p4, have a search for a p4 thread by me for settings. Wasnt perfect but best i could possibly get.
(01-26-2009, 10:14 PM)SkeeterUK Wrote: [ -> ]I found some good settings when i was trying to play p4, have a search for a p4 thread by me for settings. Wasnt perfect but best i could possibly get.

thnx .... so i got to work with around 50fps in areas i used to get 39fps ... so ended up overclocking my cpu from 3.4 to 4.0ghz (cant belive a p4 can stay alive at that clock)
The issue isnt with clock speed...some areas just run slow.
I open task manager and was running at 50% cpu and only 40fps so its NOT due to clock speed.
Using speed hacks will not increase speed either (if you have a fast cpu and not redlining it) and the only things that help are DaZ and Chop zero with .4 gsdx
Mur:
The issue IS clockspeed.
You can't use the taskmanager to make assumptions on why something runs slow in pcsx2.
A bit of a derail, but imo better than creating a new topic: After one of the first cutscenes, where you dream and walk the blocky path, you find the ??? person, and as soon as after the first attack, the game won't progress. Which one of the speedhacks is causing this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16