..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just started using the PCSX2 not very long ago. I've watched many videos and read many forum posts on the configuration. I am running windows 7 84x Home with a Radeon 6850 HD video card 16 gigs of ram and an AMD Phenom 2.8 x6 core processor and some games still run stupidly slow. I've tried configuring things a million ways my EE% is always bewteen 98-100% while the others are down around 30-40% my FPS on Tekken Tag tournament was about 34fps and I got it up to around 70FPs and it still runs slow. What can I do??
Which version that you use? Get the latest SVN in case you still use 0.98.

You can get it here : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Generally, I use this configurations for demanding games:
2x Native resolution with fxaa enabled (press Page Up to enable fxaa in-game)
MTVU hack (under speed hack)
VU cycle stealing (x1 or x2, lower it or don't use it at all if it is buggy)
Allow 8-bit texture
Async Mix (audio) ; in case the fps drops, the audio can at least stay close to normal speed
Wow that new build that you recommended I download fixed almost all the problems. Only thing is my head is missing but that's a minor detail and probably can be tweaked by adjusting the settings. Thanks a lot
Missing? You mean like being...decapitated? lol. A screenshot would be nice if you could Smile

I am not sure about that, but there are a lot of discussions about characters' heads went funny (Tekken Tag) in the forums, just use forum search. Hopefully that helps.