..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How fast will PCSX2 run on my laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Your gpu is more than likely OEM underclocked then. But even at 500MHz its still faster than the go 7400. Hell, even with only 256 MB of dedicated memory, it has more memory then the 7400s 128...

The OP might be able to play some less demanding games with speedhacks and no higher than native resolution, but whether he will get full fps or not I cant say.
I didn't even realise they sold laptops with Windows 8 installed still using the old T-dual cores, but I did have a 8400M GT years ago.

I'm guessing windows 8 must have been installed post-production.

Well IF the 7400 is of similar power to a 8400 but without DirectX 10 then I know a few games it should handle fine. Big "if" though.
Saiki has a link in his Signature for slower PCs, not sure if that'll help with notebooks though, but he can give it a try.

Here is the link: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-end-P...0-settings
If anyone has anymore recommendations on how to make some games playable, please post them.

The game I want to play is Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
Ok,you need to go to this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown check it & tell about results Biggrin
I tried what you asked but the speed went from 15fps to 2fps and before it was from 50 to 5.

Either way my computer is sucky
U doing it wrong,what u did tell briefly,then i'll tell u what to do next?
(04-16-2013, 05:55 AM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]U doing it wrong,what u did tell briefly,then i'll tell u what to do next?

Can you be a little clearer because it's kind of hard to understand what's written
Sorry,my english is not good,i'm from india

ok i was asking u what u did with settings in pcsx2,tell clearly?
(04-16-2013, 05:55 AM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]U doing it wrong,what u did tell briefly,then i'll tell u what to do next?

Just because that thread helped you reach playable speeds, doesnt mean it automatically will help ths OP. He could have followed the instructions perfectlt but unfortunately with the go 7400 he will have difficulty reaching playable speeds, even with the help of that thread. And on top of that his CPU is weak as well.

To be honest OP, you are better off just using your PS2 for now, until you can upgrade to a better laptop. After looking at the specs of the 7400 (didn do so at first) im surprised its even in a laptop running windows 8, unless the OS was installed post production, as stated earlier about the CPU. Which if that is the case, is stupid anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3